Browsing: Organizing Bobbins

Thread Spools and Bobbins

Something I have started to do is keep my bobbin and matching thread spools together for easier access.

I used to use (a leftover box from my last baby) the disposable baby bottle bags and enclose the spool and bobbin together inside and fold down and tape shut. Then I found those handy (tiny) ziplock bags in the craft section of Walmart and started to use those.

I also came up with the idea of a pegboard of some sort to hang on my sewing room wall next to my machine with dowel rods cut long enough to hold the spool and bobbin on the same dowel. I just haven't put the idea into action yet.

Tawnda

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

There are "L" shaped hooks for pegboard that will hold a small spool and a bobbin.

Best Answer

I did something similar a long time ago using a bulletin board I already had and for the "pegs" I used large nails with little heads (finishing nails, 2 1/2-3 " long". ) The nails work fine and are actually long enough for the bobbin and spool to hang on the same nail. Put the nails into the board on a slant upwards so they don't fall off.

Check stores for display boxes with pegs in them. I have them all over my house in all shapes and sizes. I love them. If I don't like the advertising on them I cover it with contact paper and I always put duct tape on the parts where the boxes are put together and over the ends of the pegs in the back. Some even have hanging thingies and if not it is easy to improvise.

I check the carts where the empty boxes are being removed. The absolute best time for this is right before and right after Christmas. After Easter and Valentine's Day are good times too

All sorts of supplies and little gifts are hanging in these boxes. Now close to a dozen, if not more are in my house. I got my first set over 30 years ago. It was a makeup display with a set of hooks down each side. I cut off these sides, duct taped over the back of the hooks, covered the pieces of heavy cardboard with red and white checked contact paper, punched a hanging hole in the top and they've held necklaces ever since.

My husband has been promising to make me one for literally YEARS and I'm still waiting. What with grand children's toys & daughters gardens etc I don't know when he'll find the time. I've just been using plastic bobbin cases but they are never where I want them to be when I'm working. :)

jumble of bobbins
Organizing Bobbins
Crafts SewingMay 11, 2004
A bobbin and a thimble for sewing.
Keeping Bobbins From Unwinding
wooden thread spools
Craft Ideas for Thread Spools
Red Sewing Thread
Crocheting With Sewing Thread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 6, 2016 at 4:33:23 AM on 10.0.2.127 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.