Mark Spool Thread Slot With Red Nail Polish

As I become a WOW (wise older woman), I find it easier to see if I mark the slot on a spool of thread (the little slot that holds the thread to keep it from unwinding) with a dot of red nail polish.

By Cookie from Warrenton, VA

This is a great idea! But I really love your WOW acronym. I will begin using the Wise Older Woman really soon! lol Thanks for sharing both ideas!

I love to think of myself as a WOW. Love it! Thanks

Something really silly just occurred to me. I have a thing about words. If you turn WOW upside down you get MOM.

This is a good idea but for those of us without nail polish, I'd suggest a simple permanent marker, i.e. Sharpie. In fact, a marker would probably last longer since enamel nail polish chips off. Sharpies are permanent and will even get sbsorbed into a wood spool. Plus you get to choos from more colors like blue, green, black, etc.

For those who choose to use nail polish, one way of protecting it from chipping off is to simply put some cellophane tape over the mark.

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips And Tricks
Crafts SewingApril 24, 2009
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet