Threading a Sewing Machine Bobbin

I have always had trouble getting my thread started on my bobbin before loading it onto the bobbin winder on the sewing machine. It seems that the hole in the bobbin gets smaller every year!

I decided to try my little Dritz needle threader and it works beautifully. Just insert the little wire piece from the outside edge of the bobbin, then push the end of your thread through that and pull it through the hole. Wind it around a couple of times and you are ready for the machine bobbin winder.

You don't have to let a bunch of clear plastic contraptions gain mastery over you! And what is better, you don't have to give up sewing just because you can't see your hand before your face. I remember as a little kid my mama had so much trouble with her sewing. I was a middle age baby so I was underfoot during the time she was struggling with the vision problems and oversized hands. I got my big hands from her.

Total Time: Less than 5 minutes

Directions:

Read More or Comment...

Yikes! I misspelled threading! Sorry

A perfect solution, thanks

WOW!!! What a great idea. I'm at the age where I need all the help I can get seeing those little holes and than trying to put that shinny thread through it.

Thanks for that tip, I won't mind changing my bobbin.

Wow! Perfect solution for these senior eyes and now RA fingers.

It has been over twenty years since I last used the sewing machine. I ran out of thread on the bobbin and realized I could not thread a bobbin. I never had a manual as the machine was used when purchased. Can you help?

Answers

Best Answer

It seems these Japanese made machines were made just a little different with each model so you may have to check out the available photos to try and match your machine with a different model or find a video on You Tube that might help.

I found the Nelco 250 B-4 here. It may be very similar to yours:
sewusa.com/.../N_250_Instruction_Manual.htm

Answer this Question

Viewing This Page
Crafts SewingMarch 8, 2017
😎
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Threading-a-Sewing-Machine-Bobbin.html