Removing Set-In Yellow Stains on Collars

By Carlo 1

How do I remove yellow collar sweat stains from a white shirt?

By Carlo from Roanoke, VA

Filter Sort

By Wendy 15 Flag

Have you tried vinegar?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Myrna 17 1,083 Flag

To my knowledge, there is little can be done to old set in sweat stains on collars. To prevent this in the future, use a degreaser spray before each washing on the collars and there won't be any buildup. A lot easier than trying to remove later.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Removing Set-In Yellow Stains on Collars

How can I remove set-in yellow stains on collars of white shirts? They have been washed and dried many times but are still in good condition.

Betty from FL

Feedback:

RE: Removing Set-In Yellow Stains on Collars

Soak the white shirts in a mixture of water and some bleach for several hours or over night if needed. Make sure that you don't use a lot of bleach, because the bleach could rot the fabric. Or what you could is pour some bleach directly on the collar and rub lightly and then immediately rinse shirts well to remove bleach, then launder. (11/13/2007)

By MCW

You could also try putting lemon juice on the collars and placing them in a sunny window so they can get direct sunlight then wash as normal. The lemon juice will act as a natural bleach without harming the fabric. (11/13/2007)

By Tracey

Oxiclean! Works really good for set in stains soak it in a bucket with some overnight and wash they will be gone! (11/13/2007)

By Nicole

You could soak the garment in Cascade dishwasher soap. I have heard to mix some in a bucket with water, put in the clothes and let it soak overnight. Then just dump the whole thing in the washer to wash. I haven't done it, but on one web site there has been several people mention that they do this and it works. (11/14/2007)

By suzin

I have had good luck lately with Spray and Wash on my husband's old cotton undershirts that he refuses to part with.

However, I use it on the yellow underarms of the t shirt, since he doesn't have yellow marks on the collar. (12/06/2007)

By metroplex

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 28, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:14:14 PM on 10.0.2.139 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings