Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Making Hamburger Buns from Frozen Bread Dough

Has anyone made hot dog or hamburger rolls or steak rolls from the Frozen Bread Dough Loaves? If so, could you please give me the recipe?

Thank you so much.

By crochet1-half from PA

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Make Emergency Hamburger Buns

I found that is quite a lifesaver to keep frozen bread dough in my freezer (it's found in the freezer aisle of your grocery store and usually comes in 2, 3 or 4 packs of uncooked loaves). I made a large pot of Sloppy Joes and did not have hamburger rolls. I knew they were basically white bread shaped into buns, so I pulled out 2 loaves. Once they were thawed, I molded into hamburger rolls. I let them rise a bit (about 10 - 15 minutes) and baked at 425 degrees F for about 10 minutes. You can brush an egg white on top and sprinkle sesame or poppy seeds if you like.

By Carol from Landisville, PA