Dryer Sheet Reviews

I was washing clothes and I put them in the dryer with the dryer sheet thingys but when I took them out they felt all waxy. Does anyone know of a different brand that can use so it won't leave my clothes like that it feels disgusting!?

Confused_washer from Daly City, California

I have always heard that you shouldn't use dryer sheets because the chemicals in them clog up your lint trap and can cause fires. I put a capful of liquid softner in a spray bottle and fill it the rest of the way up with water. I spray that in my dryer when I put in the wet clothes and it works great with little expense. I don't use as much detergent as the bottle recommends either since the clothes get clean with less and I'm all about saving money and time. Towels absorb better without softners. I rinse mine in vinegar and then run thru the rinse cycle again. Good luck.

On the rare occasions when you really think you need a dryer softener sheet, cut it into quarters or even eighths and use that. They are just one more product that we once didn't know we needed. I like what the previous poster is doing even better. The oily gunk buildup from dryer sheets is flammable if enough is allowed to accumulate.

Hi -- I use both fabric softener in the wash, and dryer sheets in the dryer, but less the recommended amount. I use only 1/2 or 1/3 of a sheet. I just tear them, and toss them in. I use Bounce or Fleecy , but haven't really noticed much difference between the brands. I buy what is on sale. I am wondering if there is some other reason for your clothes feeling waxy.

I use the dryer sheets because they reduce the static. I use the liquid softener because it does a better job of softening the clothes.

I no longer buy or use dryer sheets or fabric softener...I'm back to basics white vinegar& baking soda I add about 3/4c.white vinegar to my final rinse water. Toss them in the dryer; no tell tale smell and no chemical built-up. Also add the vinegar to last rinse water of cleaning the kitchen floor; no dull residue left over. Try it, you just might like it! Made a big difference in the bath towels.

I use liquid softener. I also use less than recommended. The trouble with dryer sheets is, dark spots on your soft silky blouses or lingerie. I owned a dress shop and had many blouses returned to the store. All I did was rewash them and used fabric softener and the problem was solved. The ladies were happy to have their blouses and they had learned what was wrong with other things they owned.Be careful with spot remover too. It will take the color out of a garment. Just mix your detergent 1 part detergent to 5 parts water, it works great. God bless, have a great day.

My 23yr old son left his laundry in the dryer so I took it out and YES it was gummy. He said the jeans were extra dirty and he used more soap than I taught him to. Well he also put in TOO many pairs! I told him no more than 3 pairs of jeans because they are size 38 which are big and when wet heavy also if you make the load too big (like towels) they don't have enough room to to move around to get clean. I told him AGAIN LOL... Less is more! Less clothes less soap and less liquid softner. And a second rinse cycle is always a plus for softness. Vinegar works great on your hair rinse also! Sooo shiney. Love my Laundy..LOL

Gain dryer sheets are really good. They don't leave clothes feeling waxy or oily. Smells good too!

Also, don't use any fabric softner with towels. They don't absorb water well with the 'coating' left from the softner. I like liquid for my clothes, but I have had stains from it. I can't get that out. Any ideas for that?

Laugh if you will, I use white vinegar in the final rinse in the washing machine. I let it fill up,swish a bit and add about 1C.vinegar. Then in the dryer they go. When the dryer is done,there is no vinegar smell and no residue as w/dryer sheets. My towels are much fluffier and more absorbent. I washed down the inside of my dryer, because of the dryer sheet build-up,also the lint filter got cleaned and a gal.of white vinegar goes further than dryer sheets and is safer. Hope this helps. Happy Holidays, Keeper

My sister recently offered to clean my clothes and put tons of dyer sheets in the wash. I had to wash my clothes 3 times again as my skin is totally irritated. I can hardly stand it.

How do I get the dyer sheet residue out of my clothes? continued washing?

Sincerely,

Karen

Dryer sheets area actually really bad for you! Have you ever noticed that they always say fragrances In the ingredient list, but never tell you which? The chemicals they use in dryer sheets are actually Carcinogenic... (cancer causing). You are not suppose to use them on children's clothes. especially their sleepwear.

Try and look it up. Its actually really hard to find the ingredient list because companies don't want us to know!

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Cleaning LaundryJuly 30, 2007
Sheet Cake
Sheet Cake Recipes
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Sheet Music
Uses for Old Sheet Music
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?
🎄