Best Window Cleaning Solutions

Using the most effective compound for cleaning windows will save you time and energy. This guide is about the best window cleaning solutions.

October 11, 2007 Flag

What is the best cleaning solution for windows?

Carol Mayo from Sun City, AZ

Best Answer

I do my windows with dish detergent. There's a lot of good grease cutting dish detergents on the market that work splendidly. I'm one who gets out the ladder, the bucket of water and washing/drying rags. Keep your water clean and there won't be any streaks; that's the key. I live in the country and do outside windows twice a year, after farmers have their crops sown and after harvesting. I save the indoor ones for winter time cleaning; good exercise.

I've used vinegar water and dry windows with crumpleed newspaper which newsprint is so messy, but does a top rate job too.

I've also used Windex and other spray cleaners, but like the results better using dish detergent.

Best Answer

I use a micro cloth (for windows) and water with a dry micro cloth to finish. Easiest ever - NO streaks. We have very hard water here and I have had people ask what I use to get and keep the patio door glass so shiny.

Best Answer

My husband drives a cab and has to keep everything spotless! He says my home made solution works better than anything that comes from a store. Just a quick squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid, 1/4 C white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of ammonia, and add water to make 24 ounces. He sprays it onto the glass while I spray it onto the cloth. Either way it works beautifully.

Best Answer

My grandmother always had the cleanest windows in town! She used white vinegar and wiped them with a newspapaer. Try it, it works!

Best Answer
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsFebruary 3, 2013
Fabric Window Blinds
Cleaning Fabric Window Blinds
Soft Bristled Brush
Cleaning Window Screens
Window Caulk
Cleaning Window Caulk
Strings on Window Blinds
Cleaning Strings on Window Blinds