Best Window Cleaning Solutions

Using the most effective compound for cleaning windows will save you time and energy. This guide is about the best window cleaning solutions.

Window Cleaning Solutions

What is the best cleaning solution for windows?

Carol Mayo from Sun City, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I use a micro cloth (for windows) and water with a dry micro cloth to finish. Easiest ever - NO streaks. We have very hard water here and I have had people ask what I use to get and keep the patio door glass so shiny.

Best Answer

My husband drives a cab and has to keep everything spotless! He says my home made solution works better than anything that comes from a store. Just a quick squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid, 1/4 C white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of ammonia, and add water to make 24 ounces. He sprays it onto the glass while I spray it onto the cloth. Either way it works beautifully.

Best Answer

My grandmother always had the cleanest windows in town! She used white vinegar and wiped them with a newspapaer. Try it, it works!

Best Answer

I have a house which is 20% glass windows and glass doors. And I hate smeared windows in the car or truck. Recipe: one or two drops of dish washer liquid soap, about quarter cup of white vinegar, about the same rubbing alcohol and then fill with filtered water, a typical spray bottle of about 24 to 32 ounces. I use reverse osmosis drinking water which is almost pure H2O.

Unless you distilled the process (evaporate then condense) there is no such thing as 100% pure water. Spray on glass and then clean with plain steel wool, squeegee off wiping the squeegee with a clean towel after every single pass. Wipe areas as needed. Get various size squeegees, for big sliding glass doors get at least an 18 incher. Fast, easy, excellent results.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsFebruary 3, 2013
Fabric Window Blinds
Cleaning Fabric Window Blinds
Soft Bristled Brush
Cleaning Window Screens
Window Caulk
Cleaning Window Caulk
Strings on Window Blinds
Cleaning Strings on Window Blinds
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 8:15:16 AM on 10.0.2.170 in 762 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.