Removing Decoupage From Table

I recently bought a wooden farm type kitchen table. The previous owner started a decoupage project on the base and quit 1/2 way through. Is there a simple way to remove this? Susan O

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

The only way I know how is to sand it. Not very easy I know!

Yup, I'd probably sand it down and re-finish it. Not knowing the compound with which it was begun, I can't suggest a solvent I would trust. One has to be careful with that stuff; sometimes it creates more problems than it solves. Also I'd check around with my friends and see if any of them could loan me a belt sander. If one could, I'd buy him a few spare belts.

I have decoupaged picturebook pages on our old nursery walls. I need that to come off. Do I just have to sand that off the walls as well? Is there a remover that is gentle to the system?

Thanks

~S~

Does anyone know what will remove regular hodpodge from plastic or metal?

I just removed a decoupaged map that I had put on my son's closet door in his nursery (he's 1 and keeps ripping it off himself and eating it! So it had to come down!) It's best to use Wallpaper remover. It comes in a spray bottle and you can get it at any hardware store. Spray it on, let it sit 2-10 minutes, and take a putty knife to it. It scrapes off easily! You do have to use some elbow grease, but its faster than sanding that's for sure!

Answer

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingDecember 8, 2004
Table Runner
Making a Table Runner
Decoupage Pen Holder
Making a Decoupage Pen Holder
Decoupage Scrabble Tile Earrings
Decoupage Scrabble Tile Earrings
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 15, 2016 at 1:52:11 AM on 10.0.1.174 in 290 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.