Browsing: Reusing Aluminum Pans

Uses for Aluminum Pie Pans

I have a ton of aluminum pie pans. I never want to throw them away. I know I can recycle them and use them for baking, does anyone know any other uses for these pans?

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Aluminum Pie Pane can be used for tons of things!

-Fill with homemade cookies or candies, wrap in color plastic wrap and give as a gift.

-Use as trays for sorting beads, pins, craft items, etc.

-Poke a hole at the rim, thread a few on a string and hang over a garden to keep birds away.

-Give to kids to play with. They'll think of plenty of uses for them.

-Use as a holder for decoupage glue

-Fill with potpourri and with a clay like dough strips cover the top so it looks like a pie

-Grow sprouts for salads, herbs for cooking

-Fill with sand, place a pillar candle or several votive candles in to the sand, scatter some shells around for a quick centerpiece.

-Use up leftovers to make pot pies.

Hopefully these ideas will help.

Tambourines: poke holes around the edges of two pie pans. Put some dried beans in one, then top with the other. Tie the two pans together with scraps of yarn, leaving a little extra at the end for fringe. Great fun for kids!

I've also used them as catch-pans under potted plants.

Near the holiday times, I save a few aluminum pie plates large and small (or ask a friend for some). I wash and dry these well and fill them with different types of candies, etc., to give to special people. One advantage is you never have to worry about having a plate returned and silver is a holiday color!

By Linda

I make an easy dinner in them. Put a hamburger patty, a quartered potato, and 2 carrots cut into coins and a slice of onion (for Hubby I add a few slices of jalapeno pepper) salt and pepper to taste, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350.

Aluminum ornament made from a pie pan
Reusing Aluminum Pans
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Aluminum Pie Pan Snowflake
Making an Aluminum Pie Pan Snowflake
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 27, 2016 at 9:26:06 AM on 10.0.0.151 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.