Reusing Aluminum Pans

Category Reusing
Before throwing these pans in the recycle bin, there may be a way you can use them. This guide is about reusing aluminum pans.

Wash and store the foil roasting pans and loaf pans that you used through the holidays and bring them out of storage in the spring. They can be re-purposed as a tray for seed cups when you plant your vegetable and flower seeds in spring. Arrange the pots so that they fit snugly in the pan. The pan will hold water and the cups won't topple over. I've used this idea for many years and it works great.

This is a guide about making punched aluminum ornaments. This easy to make Christmas craft will look great on your tree this year.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have a ton of aluminum pie pans. I never want to throw them away. I know I can recycle them and use them for baking, does anyone know any other uses for these pans?

Answers

Aluminum Pie Pane can be used for tons of things!

-Fill with homemade cookies or candies, wrap in color plastic wrap and give as a gift.
-Use as trays for sorting beads, pins, craft items, etc.
-Poke a hole at the rim, thread a few on a string and hang over a garden to keep birds away.
-Give to kids to play with. They'll think of plenty of uses for them.
-Use as a holder for decoupage glue
-Fill with potpourri and with a clay like dough strips cover the top so it looks like a pie

-Grow sprouts for salads, herbs for cooking
-Fill with sand, place a pillar candle or several votive candles in to the sand, scatter some shells around for a quick centerpiece.
-Use up leftovers to make pot pies.

Hopefully these ideas will help.

Tambourines: poke holes around the edges of two pie pans. Put some dried beans in one, then top with the other. Tie the two pans together with scraps of yarn, leaving a little extra at the end for fringe. Great fun for kids!

I've also used them as catch-pans under potted plants.

Near the holiday times, I save a few aluminum pie plates large and small (or ask a friend for some). I wash and dry these well and fill them with different types of candies, etc., to give to special people. One advantage is you never have to worry about having a plate returned and silver is a holiday color!

By Linda

I make an easy dinner in them. Put a hamburger patty, a quartered potato, and 2 carrots cut into coins and a slice of onion (for Hubby I add a few slices of jalapeno pepper) salt and pepper to taste, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Save your aluminum pie plates and take along to feed and water your doggie when camping. You also can spray them with PAM, and cook things like scrambled eggs, etc., on top of the grill. When done, just toss in trash and there is no clean up for either the cooking or pet feeding.

As you can see our dog, Barli loves camping, and eats at the table with us from his pie pan. This is his favorite seat!

Source: Experience in camping

By Jacketbacker from Greer, SC

Comment Like this photo? 4