Smell Coming From a Car Air Conditioner

I have a four year old car that runs great, a dream to drive and gets reasonable gas mileage. One problem however, it has a peculiar odor when the air conditioning is running. I took it in to the dealer. He told me it happens occasionally to vehicles and I happen to be one of the unlucky people to have this problem. He sold me a can of spray for the vents under the hood. It smelled like talcum powder for a few days then the odor came back.

Have any of you had this problem? If so, were you able to remedy it. Sure hope someone can help. This is such a great and helpful website. No harm in asking.

Thanks in advance.
Marimba

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Yea, I've had the same problem, almost like a vinegar or foul B.O. smell? I've looked into it and it happens when moisture gets into in the fan or a/c vents, then causing mould to grow in the vents. Hence the bad smell. I've not managed to fix this myself as of yet but apparently running the fans on full for 10-15 mins can dry out the vents to stop it from smelling. Not sure how long-term this solution is though!

Hope that helps

Car Air Conditioner
Smell Coming From a Car Air Conditioner
Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceAugust 30, 2005
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Window Air Conditioner
Winterizing a Window Air Conditioner
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Central Air Conditioner
Central Air Conditioner Reviews
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 5:36:56 AM on 10.0.2.221 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.