Ford Ranger Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air

Category Cars
If your Ford Ranger AC is only blowing hot air, you probably need to get the air conditioning coolant recharged. This is a guide about Ford ranger air conditioner blowing hot air.

My 2006 Ford Ranger is blowing hot air all the time. The cold to hot knob seems not to be working. If I put it on outside air it blows hot, if I try to use the a/c it's hot. I live in Dallas, Texas and it's hot and I need to use the a/c, but I can't. How do I fix this issue?

Answers

Best Answer

Most likely you need to take it to the shop and have them put freon gas in the air conditioner. As they age, air conditioners leak the gas bit by bit and when it's gone they won't cool any more. It's not something you can fix yourself. Good luck!

My Ford Ranger's AC will blow cold for just a sec and then it blows straight hot air. What's wrong with it?

Answers

There could be an issue with the blender unit.

your freon or whatever liquid it is that's the coolant could be running low. We had a ford ranger and it begun doing the same thing and they refilled the coolant and problem solved

The three most common issues are a leak in the coolant tank, some sort of electrical kerfuffle in the cooling system, or a dying compressor.

Unless you are super handy, you may want to take it to your mechanic and have them look.

Hope it is an easy and inexpensive fix.

If the AC is low on refrigerant/coolant it can affect the working of the thermostat. Also, if the thermostat has a broken fan blade or the condenser might be blocked by road debris, (leaves, plastic, dirt,etc.) these can prevent the AC from properly working. The worse scenario would be electrical problem. Begin with the least expensive checking first.

Check to see if the blockage of the condenser is the reason by looking through the grill in front and use compressor and blow out debris from leaves, plastic, dust build up. If the AC unit still doesn't work, then check the fan blade for breakage before adding expensive refrigerant.

With newer cars today, they have electrical sensors and it's possible that a module has gone bad or a wire broke that triggers possible ventilation problem.

It will cost you, but your best bet is to take it into a garage and have them look at it and give you an estimate as to the cost to have it repaired.

I have a 2009 Ford Ranger. I can't get any cold air from the vents. It only blows hot air. The selector changes vent direction options. What's up?

Answers

With some research it looks like this problem is very common for the Ford Ranger and many have experienced this also.

The problem is called: blend door malfunction.

Here is an explanation and instructions:

http://www.ford  oting-guide.html