Ford Ranger Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air

Category Cars
If your Ford Ranger AC is only blowing hot air, you probably need to get the air conditioning coolant recharged. This is a guide about Ford ranger air conditioner blowing hot air.

My 2006 Ford Ranger is blowing hot air all the time. The cold to hot knob seems not to be working. If I put it on outside air it blows hot, if I try to use the a/c it's hot. I live in Dallas, Texas and it's hot and I need to use the a/c, but I can't. How do I fix this issue?

Answers

Best Answer

Most likely you need to take it to the shop and have them put freon gas in the air conditioner. As they age, air conditioners leak the gas bit by bit and when it's gone they won't cool any more. It's not something you can fix yourself. Good luck!

I have a 2009 Ford Ranger. I can't get any cold air from the vents. It only blows hot air. The selector changes vent direction options. What's up?

Answers

With some research it looks like this problem is very common for the Ford Ranger and many have experienced this also.

The problem is called: blend door malfunction.

Here is an explanation and instructions:

http://www.ford  oting-guide.html