Ford F-150 Heater Not Working

Category Cars
If your Ford F-150 truck heater isn't working you will want to get it fixed before cold weather sets in. This is a guide about Ford F-150 heater not working.

I have a Ford 2005 F150 with no heat. I changed the resister and the blower motor. When I turn the dials I hear something moving, but no heat. Can someone please help?

Answers

Hi,
I googled this and found the following ideas at this site:

http://www.popu  heater-16078844/

I hope this is somewhat helpful, and I hope you can get your truck fixed where it keeps you warm.

Merry Christmas!
----Robyn

Anonymous

Thank you very much. I will check

I have a 1994 ford f150 my heater and defroster blows cold air and doesn't get hot. Why?

My 2003 f150 heat will blow, but about 8-10mins, starts blowing cool air and temp hand starts moving towards hot. I increase temp, and temp gauge breaks back to normal

I have a 1994 Ford 150 truck. The heater barely gets warm air into the truck. I have had the heater core and radiator flushed. What else should we do?

By Dixie M.

Answers

Best Answer

Try changing the thermostat and double check the heater hoses to make sure they are not clogged. Also, there may be a vacuum operated valve in line with the heater hose that turns the heater off when the air conditioning is in use. These sometimes stick partially closed and have to be changed. Good Luck and God Bless.

My Ford F-150 stop blowing a/c and heat. The blower still blows, but just air.

Answers

Best Answer

Here are a few things that you should check:

1. Check your heater core. See if you need to replace this. Make sure you it is getting warm.
  2. Ad

3. Check all your heater and AC hoses. Some might need to be replaced.
  4. Check the vent to the core. This vent needs to be opened to allow the hot air to blow into the cab of the truck.
  5. Check the cable on your inside adjustment for the AC and heater. It is behind the knob that you adjust. Make sure the cable is attached and not broken. This cable goes to the mixing value which goes to the heater core and allow the hot air to flow through.
  6. Check the white vacuum line underneath the hood on the passenger side. Make sure the hose isn't cracked or broken. This goes to the cylinder in the back firewall of the truck. Follow the hose back to the firewall and cut it off. Buy a new hose that is a 5/32 vacuum hose around 20". This will slide into the cylinder and the other end to what is left on the harness.

I have no heat in my truck. I have flushed the heater core and still no heat. I did change my thermostat and both hoses are hot going in and out of the core, but it is not blowing heat in the truck.

By Mike

Answers

Best Answer

I've got a 2000 F150 with the same issue. I am flushing the heater core this weekend as I believe I have a partially clogged core.

Also, I'm doing the air blend door actuator, sounds like the air blend door actuator may be your issue. It's a $30 part you may pull yours off and check that. It's located behind that black panel, down where your air for your feet comes from. It's black and white, if you need I can send you a pic.

My 2001 Ford 150xl v6 heater was making a flapping sound for awhile and has stopped. It stopped blowing heat, but would work by tapping the heater now there is no heat. What is the problem?

By RD

Answers

Best Answer

Check your heater blend door motor.

The heater fan motor on my 1993 F150 runs, but no air comes out of floor vent, defrost, or panel vents.

Answers

There are many reasons. You could have a disconnected hose.

There is a Ford forum that has this thread:
http://www.f150  ont-work-133767/

I have a 2004 Lariat F150. My blower is working fine, but my temp will only work at 90 degrees for the heater and the cold air is working fine. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Answers

Some reasons the heater may not be working.

• Low coolant level on a vehicle due to a coolant leak
  • Thermostat that is stuck open.
  • Plugged or leaking heater core.
  • Heater blower that is not functioning.
  • Blend doors that are not functioning

I have a 2009 Ford F-150. My heater does not blow hot air when the heater is on. The blower is working fine. Air comes out both sides. The driver side is just a little warmer than the passenger side.

By Allen B.

Answers

You might be able to get an answer at this site:

http://www.ford  =71&t=104715

My 2009 Ford F150 4x4 is blowing only cold air with the heater on. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

By Karen

Answers

Suggest you contact a Ford dealer, mechanic, Ford online customer service.

I have a 2001 F150 Ford pickup. The heater blower only works on the high setting. What is wrong?

By Jim

I have a 2009 F150 truck, the right side works fine, it blows hot and cold, but the driver's side only blows hot; it won't switch to cold.

By Vernon from Lebanon Junction, KY

I have a 2000 Ford F-150. The heater is not blowing air out of the vents. I changed the heater core, switch, and resistor. It did not fix anything. I can feel heat and cold air barely coming out of openings, just not blowing it out.

By JMcc

I have a 2009 Ford F150; all I got is cold air, no hot air. What could be wrong? Please help.

By Tina

Why does the air in my 95 F 150 only come out of defrost vent no matter where the air directional knob is?

By PFC from Elkridge, MD

My 2011 F150 blows hot air on the passenger side, but cold on the driver side.

By Wes