Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air

Category Cars
When a vehicle's air conditioner does not blow cold air, it may need to be recharged with freon. This is a page about Ford F150 air conditioner blowing hot air.

My 1998 Ford F150 is blowing hot air. I just tried to recharge it with freon, but it was a no go.

Help please!

Answers

You may have a block in the cooling system

Sounds like you need some freon(refrigerant) installed to blow cool air!

This is an older model so it seems the freon you tried should have worked but sometimes installing freon can be tricky.
If you purchased your freon at an auto parts storre, I would suggest you return (with the container) and ask them for help on how to use it.
Most of the time they can find instructions for your particular model and may be able to get your AC going.

Take a look at these sites as they may help you do it yourself.

www.ford-trucks.com/.../ford-f150-how-to-recharge-air-conditioning...

Ugh...I have this problem and mine it is a "blend door actuator". I had no clue I even had one of these.

I didn't have it fixed because it would cost 2K because they have to tear the dash part to fix it. It is fine for the winter. In the summer, I drive with the windows down :(

This could be a blockage in the unit that is causing it to just blow out hot hair. A lot of time you can trace the hose back starting under the dashboard and find where it leads. I would also have a person check the compression of the unit and make sure you have installed the freon correctly and the unit is fully charged.

I have a 2010 F 150. With the AC on cold air only comes from the passenger side vents. Hot air comes from the driver side vents. I charged the system, but it had no effect. Any fixes?

Answers

My auto had a similar problem but hot air was coming from all vents. Had to have the air condition controls on dash board replaced. Worked great after replacement.

I have a 2016 F150 and is blowing hot air. The compressor is working fine. The free on is fully charged. Do you think I might have the same problem as yours?

Where is the a.c. control? And how much it cost?

Did you figure out what the problem was, my ac went out after I changed my grill.

Why does my 2003 F150 only blow hot air even when the a/c is on?

By riddick91680

Home and Garden Repair CarsMay 11, 2014
📓
🌻
🎂