Could My Iron be Leaving Yellow Spots on Clothing?

I am getting yellow spots on my nice shirts every time I iron them. I live in a hard water area and wondered: if it is coming from the iron? If it is how do I stop it? and most importantly, how do I get them out?

Thanks for your help.

By windass from London

Mine did this and I remembered I hadn't cleaned it out in awhile.After cleaning it, it was fine. With you having hard water only used bottle water in your iron. It will not cause this problem.Just like a coffee maker you can clean your iron with a mixture of bottle water and white vinegar. Let in sit in your upright iron for a bit then turn the iron up on high. I put a cookie cooling rack in my sink then lay the iron(on)on it til it runs clean.When I'm done I run my warm iron over a piece of wax paper. This helps running it smoother.

Thanks, ill try it. Funny though as the iron is brand new, I bought it about 3 weeks ago. Any ideas on how to get the spots out?

Here in NC I have trouble with rust in my water. It ruined my brand new bathing suit, but I read a hint on Thrifty Fun to use lemon juice and let it sit in the sun. I had to do 2 applications but most of the stain came out.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsAugust 16, 2010
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 3:15:37 PM on 10.0.0.159 in 954 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.