King Size Bed Ruffles

I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to make a bedskirt for a king size bed.

By Cindy from New Creek, WV

When I made one years ago I used a single sheet cut to size then sewed on a gathered skirt around the edge, of fabric I purchased, which measured twice the perimeter of the bed and the width, of course, was from just above the base height and to the the floor. But you could just make a wide - very gathered ruffle of fabric, that has elastic along both sides, which would hold it in place, but you would need to make it perhaps two and a half times the perimeter for a good ruffled effect.

King Size Bed with Dust Ruffle
Making a Bed Skirt for a King Sized Bed
Crafts SewingNovember 18, 2009
California King Bed
Buying Sheets for a California King Bed
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Man in Yellow King Costume
Making a King Costume