Craft Project: Message Pillow for Father's Day
Tell Dad your feelings on this pillow where it will be displayed for all to see.
Approximate Time: 2 hours
- fabric pen
- 15 1/2" x 30 1/2" canvas or coarse weave fabric
- sewing machine
- yarn for tassels, optional
- 16 inch pillow form
- Cut your fabric to the size of your pillow form. (Mine was 16 inches.)
You want your fabric smaller than the pillow so it is snug when you get it on the form.
- Fold your fabric in half so you have a square.
- Draw lines evenly spaced on one half of your fabric 1 inch apart; closer if you want to write smaller for a longer message.
- When you write your message on, if you run out of words you can always draw a picture or sew on a picture of something that reminds you of your dad.
- Write your message and heat set with your iron.
- Fold right sides together and stitch across two sides and part way down the third side. Leave enough room to roll the pillow form and push it in.
- Sew the opening shut and make and attach the tassels to the top two corners.
You could just sew a large button to all four corners if you wanted to.
By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
Aww. I read your pillow, how sweet. I wish i were talented enough to do this. Great project, thank you.
This is both a very original and meaningful gift to make that can be treasured for many years to come! Thanks Ann for sharing your work.
Add your voice to the conversation.