Main DishesRecipes

Beef Foldovers

Ingredients

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, chopped fine
  • 2 cans of refrigerated biscuits
  • vegetable oil for frying
  • flour for dusting
  • prepared beef gravy (canned, dry mix made per package, or your own)

Directions

Set your oven on "warm". Cook ground beef in pan on stove with onion until no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain on paper towels. Break into small pieces.

Roll out biscuits -one at a time- with rolling pin so that you have a circle about 3-4 inches across. Dust work area and rolling pin with flour to help prevent the dough from sticking.

On each circle, place 1-2 tablespoons of cooked meat. Fold over the top half of biscuit to the bottom edge and seal edges with a fork dipped into flour. Do this for all of your biscuits.The meat should be used up when you are done . If not, just serve it on the side!

Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook 3-4 foldovers at a time. When one side is brown, carefully turn it over and brown the other side. Take the cooked foldover out of the oil and place on a metal cookie sheet covered with paper towel. Place into a oven set on "warm" while you cook the rest of your foldovers.

Serve with your favorite beef gravy and a vegetable or salad.

Source: I learned this tasty recipe in junior high during my home economics class back in the early 70's.

By Pat from Roseville, MI

I'm from UK and don't understand this term bisucit - could it be similar to a tortilla?

<b> Editor's Note </b> I think the word is biscuit. It has a variety of interpretations, but this recipe refers to the North American variety; "a "biscuit" is a small form of bread made with baking powder or baking soda as a leavening agent rather than yeast." http://en.wikip  org/wiki/Biscuit

This recipes sounds great. I know I will try it for a quick meal. Some of my best recipes came for Homemaking classes. Thank you Pat for the recipe.

Wonderful recipe!! Pat used to make these for me-and I still make them for my family!!! (Pat is a great cook true-but is also my big sister!!) Lisa Warren