Home Perm Recommendations for Gray Hair

What brand of home perm would be best for me? My hair is mostly gray, is fine and hard to curl. I wear it short. Also do you have any tips for cutting your own hair? Thanks

Grannie Mae from Western Arkansas

I just did my mom's hair....using an Oglive Home Perm. It turned out wonderful, pretty amazing as it was my first attempt to perm her hair.

I stopped perming and cutting my hair and now wear a bun or some such depending on mood but you can do your own cut and have it look nice too.

Take a piece of cardboard the length you want your hair to be (or little longer if hair is wet Remember wet hair shrinks as it dries) I used a playing card and folded it in half.

I usually folded the cardboard in half length wise so the hair could get between. Take small sections of hair. Using good sharp thin scissors cut at top of cardboard. You can make cardboard shorter as you get to the back and side if you want. save the length when you get the one you want.

Very simple and gets easier as you do it more.

I started doing this in self defense when we lived and traveled in our motorhome and got tired of the hunt for a hairdresser. Soon many of our traveling companions were asking me to do theirs - but I taught them to DIY!

Blowed dry perm

Be sure to leave the rods in for the longest possible time.

I like the playing card idea. I tend to use my fingers as a guide to getting hair the length I want it. I run my hand through my hair and set the index finger up against my head. I usually cut to a three or four finger length. I use my thumb to hold the hair in place between my thumb and other fingers. It takes a little practice, but it works. Also cut in small snips, not one big cut at a time. Your cut will look better. Some beauticians cut in small snips at an angle.

Although my response is very long in coming, I recommend an acid perm, purchased from a beauty supply house. Redding perms are good, but there are several brands. Follow the directions and if your hair is thin, I'd try rinsing with vinegar and egg as a conditioner. Leave it in for about thirty minutes, then rinse, dry, and see if you like the texture. If not, try a beer rinse and dry. : )

Brand for grey hair to get a perm done at home

Curlers in brunette hair for a perm.
How To Do A Perm At Home
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Hair CareMay 18, 2007
Woman Getting a Perm With Curls in Hair
Remedies for Hair Damaged by Perm
Coloring Gray Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
ARDELL Gray Magic Color Additive
Ardell Gray Magic Color Additive Reviews
Perm Rollers
Saving Money on a Perm
🎉
🎄