Garden: Peaches

Here are my peaches this year. I haven't had any peaches on this tree for the last few years, it almost died and has been making a slow comeback. This year, the tree was loaded! I hadn't realized how many until I came back to see what I could salvage.

We harvested in mid August and then again a few weeks later. The later ones were riper and I was able to easily remove the pit. Some of the under ripe ones I put in a paper bag to ripen. This would have been fine, except I forgot about them and I had some yucky peach mush to clean up.

I made peach pie and peach refrigerator jam. I also have a full gallon bag in the freezer with sliced peaches. I'll use them in the winter when we want a taste of summer. Hope next year's harvest is even better!

By Jess

You are very lucky to get any of the peaches. I had several on a young tree & something got most of them at night. I put a plastic bag around the last few left on tree. They were so good after they got ripe. Next spring I will tie all of them up in a bag to save them. Thanks for sharing, good luck.

Congratulations!

What an outstanding story! Perhaps we gave up on on one of our poor peach tree too early. But our other 2 trees are currently loaded! I have a great recipe for spiced peach butter. Will try to post it somewhere on this site asap!