Freezing Peaches

Pies and smoothies are just two of the things you can make with peaches that you freeze. Freezing is a great way to preserve peaches until you are ready to use them. This is a guide about freezing peaches.

How do you freeze peaches?

Elsie Rogers from California

Answers

By carla bledsoe (Guest Post)

peel by dipping them in boiling hot water then into very cold water (to stop the "cooking" from the heat) if the skins don't slip off easily you didn't dip them long enough. then just slice and put in freezer bags or containers. you can add sugar before freezing.

By Joyce (Guest Post)

I just peel my peaches, then slice them up in a bowl and sprinkle some sugar on them. Then I divide them up into freezer bags and put them in the freezer. They are wonderful, and I don't have to cook them first.

By Margie Minard (Guest Post)

Make sure that they are nice and ripe and dip them in boiling water for a few seconds, then an ice water bath and the peelings should just slide off.

After slicing, I also dip them in a bath of a solution of Fruit Fresh and water, and drain before I freeze them. One year I had a whole batch look like it was dipped in strong tea (and tasted terrible)!! I learned my lesson very quickly!! Since I have used Fruit Fresh, I have never had that problem.

When using frozen peaches to make a pie, try a cup of sour cherries or blueberries with the peaches. WOW does it taste GOOD!!!!