Baked Peach Halves

In our area, peaches are out of season, however, you can still buy them in the grocery store. They are hard and not good for putting in a paper sack to ripen. I don't know where they are coming from but they will soon be gone. I was not planning to buy any more. My daughter brought some home from the grocery store. I decided to try baking them and they came out so good, we had them 3 nights in a row. Next time I go to the grocery store, I will be buying peaches if they still have them.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 3-6 servings

• 3 freestone hard peaches. (We call them cling free)
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • Several sprinkles of cinnamon to your taste
  • 1/2 Tbsp melted butter

1. Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
  2. Melt the butter in a small bowl.
  3. Place sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir together.
  4. Wash the peaches and dry them off with paper towel. Cut in half, pull apart and remove the stones.
  5. Blot the cut side of each peach half in the butter, then in the cinnamon sugar. Place in a baking pan. Any leftover sugar and butter can be put into the stone holes.
  6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes and cut the oven off. Leave in the oven until ready to serve.
  7. Serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Fruit DessertsNovember 7, 2020
😷
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Baked-Peach-Halves-1.html