Picture By Jean Fous

I found this old, framed picture at a local thrift store by Jean Fous. On the back cover is some sort of advertising, I think that says, Panama-Beaver, carbon papers-inked ribbons, national distribution. Also, from the Golden Gate to the rock bound coast, from the Great Lakes to Dixie Land. Call your local Panama-Beaver man." The picture is called "At the Painless Dentist." I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this advertising Company or the Author? If not, could one tell me how to find any information about this? I have done some internet searches and I have not found out much. Thanks so much for your time, in advance.

Mary from Mendenhall, Mississippi

Your best bet is to do a Google search on the details you mentioned - you will get bits & pieces of info - including if it's been on Ebay - I have found some art - but have been unable to trace the artist - Sounds like you have advertising art there - & that has some collectible value - but varies greatly as what is desirable on the market.

I have a small, round. blue tin that has Panama on the top of it. On the side its says, "call your local panama beaver man"..."always a live wire".

On the bottom of the tin, it says Manifold Supplies Co, Brooklyn NY

On the inside of the tin, there are pictures of straight pins, bobby pins, hooks, paper clip, tacks.

On the inside of the lid is "the line that can't be matched" since 1896.

Crafts Using Picture Frames
Crafts Using Picture Frames
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Denim pocket attached to a notebook.
Jean Pocket Crafts
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables