AdviceSkin Care

Anti-wrinkle Cream Intensified Appearance of Fine Lines

I recently used Loreal Revitalift anti-wrinkle cream on my forehead and in between my brows where there were natural creases, fine lines from expression. The next morning, I could have cried. What were fine lines are now full blown wrinkles. Not to mention that they are now more than double in length. Also where I used to see no pores, now there are visible pores everywhere, with added wrinkles higher up on my forehead and sides, almost to the temples. I feel like I have aged 10 years, literally overnight. Now I have to buy a wrinkle cream to get rid of wrinkles from a wrinkle cream? Are you kidding me? Has this happened to anyone else. Obviously, now I am petrified to use anything of the sort on my skin. To say that I am disappointed would be putting it mildly.

By Lisa

I don't know how to solve your wrinkle problem, but I would like to remind you to check the warranty on the package of your container. Then contact the maker of the product and report how it turned out for you. They should at least refund your purchase price and can possibly tell you how to rectify the problem.

You should get pictures, too, to support a claim. The product may have been out of date.

The damage could be from the way you applied the product-if you pulled the skin while applying it, or rubbed it in when you should have let it absorb, for example.

It sounds to me like you had an allergic reaction to the cream. What you call intensified wrinkles is swelling of your skin. If the swelling does not go away, you may need your family doctor's help. And, by all means, report your reaction to the company. They gather that data.