Recipes for "Food Fest" Fundraiser

I'm involved with the Drug-Free Scholarship Foundation and every year we have a fund-raiser called "Food Fest". We have foods from around the world and people pay to sample them. My problem? Some of the vendors have not been able to come this year, so we have many extra spots to fill.

I have a source of chicken, so if anyone has a chicken recipe that's not too hard to fix, please send it to me. We're especially low in German and Irish dishes, but any country would be great. I was thinking about Jamaican Sticky Chicken and Transylvania Chicken Stew. More ideas? Thanks.

AuntyC from Anderson, MO

You might try looking for German or Irish chicken recipes at Recipes.com. I found some international foods for my daughter's girl scout troop international day and they were big hits. Good luck.

I put canned spaghetti sauce in a crockpot and add pieces of chicken and leave it on low overnight. The chicken is delicious and falls off the bone.

I live in Belize, Central America. The favorite (affordable) dish here is stew chicken and rice. Here's the recipe:

Belizean Stew Chicken

1 3-4 lb chicken

1/4 tsp of salt

season all

garlic powder

black pepper

1 tsp ricardo (You can use paprika)

1 onion

1 sweet pepper

1/2 cup cooking oil

1/4 tsp vinegar

2 cups water

Instructions:

Cut chicken into pieces and wash with lime and warm water. (Here in the tropics the lime is use as a germicide. It isn't necessary in the states.) Mix recardo with with vinegar and place on chicken. Mix other seasoning and add to chicken. Heat oil in a frying pan until oil is hot.

Brown each piece of chicken and put in another pot with onions and sweet pepper. Add water and cook until tender and juicy. Turn meat occassionally while cooking.Notes:

"Goes well with rice and beans and fried plantains."

One of the easiest recipes is a cottage pie. I use all the bits and pieces folks don't like - like neck and wings. I steam them, take them off the bone and chop them up - you need about 1 cup (or I use baked, fried leftovers). Mix them with your favorite veggies you need 2-3 cups(again I use leftovers - carrots, peas, corn, green beans). Mix the chicken and veggies together with 2 cups of gravy. Place ths in a casserole dish. Make a bread stuffing (some folks call it "dressing" - if I'm being lazy I use a box mix), spread it over the chicken mixture, bake for 30 minutes @ 325 degrees. Stuffing should be slightly crunchy. Use can also use mashed potatoes to cover the chicken mixture. This is an old Hungarian recipe from my Gram. She's made it with beef, chicken, fish - whatever veggies she had on hand. I could eat it 7 days a week. If she used pork or ham her topping was sweet potatoes. Just mix and match your favorites. This was her way of using up leftovers.

An easy recipe my family loves is Greek Lemon Chicken. Marinate overnight chicken in fresh squeezed lemon juice, a little olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Grill or bake in oven at 375 for 40-60 min, depending on size of piece. Tastes great and is a little 'different'.

Also there's teriyaki chicken. I buy teriyaki sauce at the warehouse store, marinate overnight, and bake at 375. All kids and adults love it!

I was interested in some European food ideas. My daughter is trying to raise money for a school trip this summer. I have a location I can do it at but, need some food ideas to serve. Any suggestions along with a way to get it donated would be greatly appreciated. I live in Florida (Tampa Bay area).

Group of people having a fundraising carwash.
Fundraiser Ideas
Food and Recipes Recipes InternationalJanuary 22, 2009
A girl holding up a car wash sign at a school fundraiser.
School Fundraiser Ideas
Spaghetti Fundraiser
Throwing a Spaghetti Fundraiser
Arched window on a building with the words "Community Center"
Community Center Fundraising Ideas
The word Fundraiser printed in red inside a red square outline against a white background.  A human hand is pointing at the word
Church Fundraiser Ideas
🎉
🎄