Would Treating the Carpet With Borax Make My Cats Sneeze?

I recently treated my carpets with borax to eliminate fleas. Now 4 out of 7 of my cats are sneezing and seem to have a cold? I put it down and vacuumed it up within 24 hrs? I don't know if I should take them to vet. They are all still eating and the fluids they sneeze are clear.

By Kim from NY

I have seen several websites that say borax is toxic to cats, and can also be toxic to humans. Cats lick their paws and ingest the borax. I would not use it around children or pets, and would use with caution around adults.

It sounds like they may have ingested some of the Borax into their lungs as well as their digestive system, so I would run, not walk, to the nearest vet.

Go to your vet ASAP!

Pets FleasNovember 11, 2010
Close up of a white cat's nose.
Treating a Sneezing Cat
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Buying Borax