Minty Cream Cheese Bars
I made these this past weekend and they're heavenly! Love that chocolate minty flavor!
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp. butter, cubed
- 3/4 tsp. mint extract
- 2 cups crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. brewed coffee, cold
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Add extract; stir until smooth. Stir in cookie crumbs and walnuts. (mixture will be very moist).
- Set aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add the flour and coffee. Beat until combined.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen bars
By Connie from Cotter, AR
January 2, 20080 found this helpful
Thank you so much for posting this! It sounds super yummy! I'm always looking for something new to take to my sister in law's house and this sounds perfect!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 8:52:08 AM on 10.0.0.199 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us