Downloading Ring Tones

Is it safe to buy and download a ring tone for your cellphone from a website not run by your cellphone provider? I've heard that it can download a virus to your phone, so you should stick with downloading ring tones from your provider's site only.

However I just changed my cellphone provider to Verizon and they don't have much choice in ring tones, plenty of ring-back tones but not much for ring tones. If anyone out there has found a safe website with more choices, please let me know Thanks!

Lynn from Chico, CA

I don't know about that but if your new phone has blue tooth technology you can find other folks that have blue tooth and share ring tones. I just learned how to do this and it is really neat. Have fun!

Consumer Advice Product FinderAugust 28, 2008
Making a Paper Clip Ribbon Ring
Making a Paper Clip Ribbon Ring
removing a ring
Removing a Ring That is Stuck on Your Finger
Woman Looking at Shirt Collar
Cleaning Ring Around the Collar
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring