Removing Creosote from Clothing

I sat on a creosote railroad tie in my yard. Then I found that the seat of my pants was coated with creosote tar. Can any one give me a solution for removing the creosote? Thanks!

By Maria from Blue Ridge, GA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Lestoil is my best advice. It gets out all kinds of other grease and oil. Good luck.

I dealt with creosote for over 10 years because my husband worked on the railroad. If it's simply a stain, treat as any other bad grease or oil stain. However, if it is indeed coated. Soak in it with gasoline to loosen the creosote until you remove it. Then treat it like any bad grease or oil stain. Mind it may take more that one treatment, so don't dry the garment until the stain in gone. Sometimes I had to try different stain removers if the stain was stubborn. It seemed the garment, conditions, etc. were different. Thus it made stain removal different also. Good luck. As I always say, what have you got lose?

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 26, 2011
Logs burning in a fireplace.
Cleaning Your Fireplace
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Removing Graphite (or Pencil) Stains from Clothing
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 11:43:05 AM on 10.0.1.192 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.