Christmas Puppies

These are puppies born to my Rottie. They are 4 weeks old. Aren't they cute? These babies will be this years unforgetable Christmas presents.

All are going to great homes this Holiday. I wanted to share the Christmas pic I took of them. I may use it as a Christmas card next year.

By Brenda Chavis from Fairmont, NC

it is best to not have get a puppy for Christmas at least wait until after the hubbub has died down. the puppies are frequently brushed over for the next gift or get some food they should not have.

Puppies really should stay with their MaMa until at least 9 weeks of age. Ideally 12 weeks is better. If they are 4 weeks now, Christmas is in two weeks, that means they'll only be 6 weeks old. That is much too young to be taken from their litter mates and from Mom. Also, a living thing is not something to be given as a "gift". That's why the pounds and shelters are full to capacity and many dogs are needlessly eunthanized every day. I don't mean to jump on your case, but I just want you to see the logic of this whole situation. My folks bred boxers many years ago so I do knowsomething about the whole process.

Sounds like Brenda has wonderful homes picked out already. That's great! We raised puppies also and sold them at 6-7 weeks of age. They were just fine. Personally I would not want to keep the puppies in my home until they were 3 months of age. Let the new owners litter train them. Yes, they are cute and adorable. But the longer we have them the more we get attached to them. Besides, their mom will already have weaned them by the age of 6 weeks.

I knew as soon as I read your post, Brenda, that you would get people writing in telling you not to sell your puppies at Christmas and also comments about the pounds being full. Ignore them. If you have great homes and the puppies are ready to go...do it. You will help to make some families very happy this Christmas!

Is there anything more adorable than a puppy? I think not.

Don't ignore that there are thousands of dogs pts every day. There is no need to bring more puppies into the world. For every home you have found for your puppies there are thousands of puppies who missed out on that home. When is enough enough. And I agree that puppies shouldn't be given as a gift. It's a life that needs to have the humans prepared to take care of them for life. It's a serious committment. Of course those who are trying to make money from their dogs having puppies will say anything. I used to have a neighbor who did it. Their dog was such a sweetie & I felt sorry for her to the point where they agreed to stop breeding her.

Animals should never be given as gifts but chosen after long consideration by intending new owners.

Photos Pets DogsDecember 10, 2005
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Dog With Her Puppies
Caring for a Dog and Her Puppies
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Puppy Chewing on Boot
Preventing Puppies From Chewing
🎄