Tips for Shopping at Outlet Malls

Question:

I am planning my first "Outlet Mall" excursion for this next month, for school shopping and for supplementing my little one's hand-me-down wardrobe. What is the best time of month to go to these stores? I know there is a Children's Place, Old Navy, Gap, and other big names (this is coastal OR). My GF and I will be going midweek, to avoid larger crowds! camo_angels from Willa

Answers:

Print Coupons Before You Go

Mondays and Tuesdays early mornings seem the best! I love those places. And to avoid spending even more money, take your own water bottles. If you can take a baby stroller, they make great 'buggies'! I'm thinking the second week of the month won't be as busy. I know the first week is always hopping! And go online and look for printable coupons before you go, they will help a lot. I know the Reebok outlets run percentage off discounts, and a lot of the Kids stores also. Even the Levi outlets have coupons I have used before . Have fun!

By kattankerous

Look for Sales Online

If you know the name of the mall check online to see if they have a web site. I believe most do. They often mention specific store sales on a weekly time table. I hit one near St.Louis totally by accident and filled my huge car trunk with bargains! I believe it was mid-March. I found huge sales on gorgeous Christmas party clothes at the Children's Place. Most things were about $3.00 each, velvet dresses, skirts, blouses, jackets. Things that normally were $40 to $50 each. I also got practical trousers and shirts for the boys $2.00 to 3.00, socks, shoes and snow boots! Thank God for cell phones! I was calling everyone asking for sizes. The following Christmas everyone was was decked out for a few bucks! Made me and everyone else happy!

By Grandma Margie

Avoid Shopping After Payday

If crowds are your concern, avoid the after-payday weekends/weeks (paydays are typically the 15th and 30th, or the 2nd and 4th Friday, in some cases). From the stores you mentioned, I'm guessing you're going to the Lincoln City outlet mall (there's one in Seaside, too, but it's smaller). The website for the Lincoln City mall is http://www.tangeroutlet.com/. They have a sale/coupon section, store directory so you can plan your mission. Good luck!

By marisa

Bring a List

Be prepared with a List of items you are looking for we often outlet mall shop but it's easy to come home with a lot of stuff but nothing we needed! Know your prices before you go. Not all outlet stores are true outlets and the price is not necessarily a savings. Look for missing buttons, pin-holes, zippers (test them!) Try it on! Have fun! (08/06/2006)

By Diana

Answers

Budget & Finance ShoppingJuly 1, 2006
Plug Outlet
Getting Plugs to Stay in Outlets
Man fixing and electrical outlet
Repairing an Electric Outlet
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
changing an outlet
Changing a 15 Amp Outlet to 20 Amps
🎄