Scenery: Mt. Baker (Washington)

Every summer my husband backpacks up Mount Baker to reflect on the year that passed. He says the time alone in nature, always recharges his spirit. During our busy lives, it's easy to forget what a gift nature is. And it's free and all around us!

By Patricia M.

This is a beautiful shot. My husband and I find great peace and serenity when we go hiking in the Smokies. We live pretty close to the Smokies and venture to the mountains often. It is a great reprieve from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We love hiking and being surrounded by the beauty of nature that surrounds us all. Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture.

I envy you, and know I shouldn't. I grew up being able to look out our kitchen window, (sitting on a box that held wood for the stove), and on good days, could see Mt. Baker clearly. We lived about halfway between Bellingham and Lynden, if you are familiar. Maybe you live on the "other side", but our Western side gave us such a wonderful view. Loved the picture. Loretta, now from Alabama.

Your hubby definitely has the right idea. My brother posts his hiking pics from Texas on Facebook. Wish I knew how to swipe some of those, I'd post them here. Thumbs up for you and your DH.

January 27, 2011 Flag

My family and I drove to Mount Baker and did some blueberry picking at the very end of fall. On our way home, we drove by this small lake and I asked my husband to stop. I rolled down my car window and I snapped this picture. The picture was the perfect keepsake for the memories we made that day.

By Patricia M.

Scenery: Mt. Baker (Washington)

Answers:

Scenery: Mt. Baker (Washington)

Absolutely beautiful! (12/08/2010)

By knitter926

Scenery: Mt. Baker (Washington)

Breathtaking. It's just what I'm looking for for my living room wall! (12/09/2010)

By Arlinn

Scenery: Mt. Baker (Washington)

Great pic. Maybe I'll get there someday and pick blueberries. One of the better ones I've seen. I Googled Mt Baker and they had 4 pics on the page. Now, you might be interested in submitting your photo to Google Maps - there is a place you can submit. I live in Big Bear Lake, CA and I have viewed some great takes when clicking on the map area. Better than I'll ever take and I don't have to own the camera! (12/09/2010)

By simplify

Scenery: Mt. Baker (Washington)

Lovely, Looks so peaceful. GG Vi (12/14/2010)

By Great Granny Vi

Photos SceneryJanuary 27, 2011
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Washington Christmas Charities
Baked potato with all the fixings.
Making a Potato Baker Bag
Mount Rainier reflected in a lake.
Washington State Frugal Travel Guide
Seattle, Washington
Seattle, Washington Frugal Travel Guide
🎉
🎄