100th Birthday Gift Ideas

A woman where I live is turning 100 years old. She doesn't need gifts really or money. I would like to take some thing unique to give to her for her birthday. I don't know her well at all. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Mary from California

Flowers! Or make a donation to her favorite charity.Her age I'd say a pretty bouquet of flowers would be nice or if she is not on a resticted diet, chocolates. T

Can you crochet or knit?

Perhaps you could make her a lap throw or shawl.

Of a fleece lap throw.

1800flowers has a adorable flower cake. 2 different colors. I work with the elderly and one of my ladies received it for her 103 bday.

look up on the internet what was happening in the News or the world 100 years ago or on the date they were born and print it off and tie it up like a scroll

carol

Give her a gift of a manicure. The light hand massage always feels wonderful to athritic hands! It's probably something she never has done anymore.

Have a greeting sent from the White House:

https://app1.whitehouse.gov/greetings/home

I work at a retirement living facility and we have a resident turning 100 and we will have two cakes. One will have 100 candles on it and I contacted the local fire department to have a few firemen in their turnouts here along with the fire chief to light the candles.

I NEED HELP FOR A GIFT IDEA FOR A FRIENDS 100TH BIRTHDAY

MIKE

To Mike:

You didn't mention male or female. I don't have an idea for a male, but at the party I went to they had a singer from the Ink Spots sing love songs to the woman. At 100 years old, she really enjoyed it. It was a special day for her.

How about a coin from the year of their birth ?

There are some available that are not to expensive and a nice keepsake.

Need ideas for favors for the guests to send home with them?? She is turning 100 on March 10th.

June 3, 2011 Flag

We are combining a family reunion with a celebration of my aunt's 100th birthday. Each family member is challenged to come up with a small gift of 100 of some item, such as 100 buttons, 100 pennies, etc. Since all of the above ideas have been taken, I'm looking for something unique that I can present. Any ideas?

By Alan S.

100 cards each with a different inspirational quote, or jokes, or tips etc depending on the 100 year olds personality. They can be bound and flipped to read one a day etc.

A book with 100 jokes (you might have to make this yourself, lots to be found on the internet as far as jokes go). 100 paperclips, rubber bands, colored pens or crayons (especially if she is a position to have visiting young children that could be entertained with these),100 of some candy that she is fond of like peppermints or Werther's originals, A handmade necklace of 100 beads. 100 beautiful shells or polished rocks in a decorative glass container, if she might be interested in such things. If these are supposed to be a bit humorous, you could go with 100 suckers (she could treat the kids at the reunion), 100 chocolate coins, bag of 100 of a favorite nut, 100 birthday candles (if they are not already going on a cake), 100 wooden matches.

A fresh bouquet of 100 of her most favorite bouquet type flower such as 100 carnations or 100 roses. The smell alone would be so heavenly. :-)

Kids do this all the time to celebrate the 100th day of school and learn math skills. Here are a bunch of ideas

http://www.siec.k12.in.us/west/proj/100th/act.htm

and if you search online for "100 day of school items" (or activities) you should be able to come up with a bunch more. 100 xs and os (hugs and kisses) would be a sweet gesture.

100 adjectives that describe her?

100 pictures of things that bring her to mind?

Marbles, candy kisses, ping pong balls, pick-up sticks?

How about 100 pencils, 100 peppermint sticks, 100 stamps etc. Find out what s/he enjoys doing and play off that. Good luck.

How about 100 hours of your time to spend recording her life via a camera and just asking her questions, finding out her history as she saw it. 100 years will surely have a lot of memories to pass on. Bless her and her dear family to take all this time to make this so special! Don't forget to notify the White House, they will send her a special card!

I'm with Deeli. Go with fresh flowers for a special lady. If she has nowhere to put them after the party, donate them to a nursing home. If she lives in a nursing home, take them there so they can liven up the entire place! I can't imagine the stories she could tell!

Hi, please be sure to give your aunt birthday wishes from your TF family! While you're contacting the White House, you might also consider your local newspaper and/or television or radio station. (I'd contact all three.) They may want to do a story. As for the 100 items, if they don't have to be actual, physical objects. How about 100 kisses or hugs, or both? For something tangible and practical. 100 sheets of stationery to go with the 100 stamps?

Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayMarch 13, 2007
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
swiss army knife
40th Birthday Gift Ideas for Men
80th Birthday Cake
80th Birthday Gift Ideas
A 30 year old man holding a gift.
30th Birthday Gift Ideas for Men
🎉
🎄