Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend's 17th Birthday

Category Birthday
This guide contains birthday gift ideas for a boyfriend's 17th birthday. If your boyfriend is turning 17 this year and you need gift ideas, here are some suggestions.

My boyfriend is turning 17 in five days. I have no idea what to get him for his birthday! Any suggestions?

By BaseballFan23 from Buckeye, AZ

Answers

Best Answer

Um. Get him something from one of his favorite stores. Also think about what he is into. If it's sports get him something for one of his favorite teams. If he's into anything else then get him something related to that. If you want to get him something personalized make him a silly scrapbook of your pictures, or if he wouldn't like that you should get him a dog tag with your names on it. Whatever it is if it's from you he'll love it. So be creative, and think about him. I hope I helped.

Best Answer

Food! Snacks, pizza, dessert of the month (1 dessert every month), a giant cake all for him.

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months and his birthday is coming up. He will be turning 17. I have absolutely no idea what to get him. He's a drummer and doesn't have a favorite band and doesn't like sports. And he told me not to get him anything, but I am.

By jamielewish

Answers

Best Answer

A gift certificate to music store with good percussion department. If you choose to buy him sticks, be sure to get the right wood and size.

My boyfriend is turning 17 in a couple of months and I know it's a while away, but I just want to get some ideas. By the time of his birthday we will have been dating for just over a year and he spoils me all the time so I want to give him a gift he'll love. He likes motorbikes and cars and is a country boy with a farm.

Answers

Get him a belt buckle with an emblem of a motorbike on it. I saw some very nice on eBay any where from $10 up.

I like gifts of time! Maybe take him on an adventure and include fun stops along the way for a coffee or a cupcake or ice cream or a trip to a motorbike shop or his favorite restaurant or other place he loves like his favorite fishing spot or people watching place.

He'll have the memory forever, where a gee gaw or doodad may get lost or broken!

One of my favorite gifts from a high school sweetie was an adventure to a local mall...of course that was xx (very many) years ago when malls were the new thing and going to one was a big adventure! Still..point is all these years later, I still remember it, but have no memory of a single material thing he gave me.

Enjoy!!!

Get a subscription to a motorcycle magazine

that's great re motorcycle and farm because these are easy to shop for

you can always get a good gift certificate to Tractor Supply Co or Lowes or Home Depot - that would always be welcome. Or if you know of farm type things he likes or needs, get that

motorcycle accessories are another fun way to go butyou have to make sure you know what he likes, or already has enough of, etc

I need urgent help! My boyfriend and I have been going out for 11 months and I have no idea what to get him. He has his own car and does rowing. He always spoils me, but I have no idea what to get him! Please please help me.

Answers

It really depends on your budget.

Does he like any car parts? Does he mention anything he wants? For me when I was that age, we had a movie date and nice dinner. I gifted him a picture frame with our picture & a wallet!

I had a boyfriend who loved his car so much, I bought him a car detailing kit. He LOVED it!

Get tickets to an event he likes, and go together.

Tickets to an event, gift card, t shirt of favorite band, take him out to dinner and a movie....

I'm struggling with a big problem and I need help! That is, what to get for my boyfriend for his seventeenth birthday. He got me nail polish for my birthday and I use it always, but now it is his birthday coming up and I still don't know what to get him. He has had really bad birthdays and I really wanna make this one special for him, he likes anime, games, dub step, and all that kind of stuff so if you guys could help me I would be extremely thankful. :)

By Siobhan H.

Answers

Take him out to an arcade for the ugh and pay for it and get some pizza

Download some dub step music.

I have been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years now and it's his 17th birthday next month. He's really into Italian designers and sports cars, has a moped and is about to get his first car.

I got him a sportscar experience last year where you could go in a Ferrari on a racecourse and he never used it so experience days are a big no. He hates funny or humorous gifts.

By M.B from southwest England

Answers

Well, I think if he didn't bother to use the experience you got him, which I think was a wonderfully imaginative gift, I wouldn't bother giving him something all that memorable. Buy him a sweater. If he doesn't like that and doesn't wear it, it can at least be donated to a charity where it will be given to someone who will appreciate it. And don't make it some horribly expensive gift. Not necessary. Or, give him a book that you think he might like (be sure it is one you would like to read!)

I'm sorry if I sound somewhat unimaginative, but I am so flabbergasted that he wouldn't bother to use last year's gift, that I don't think that you should waste too much time on the process (He should be glad you don't get him socks).

My boyfriend is turning 17 in 12 days and he likes to play football. What can I get him for his birthday? He's a really sporty guy with a great personality that's always by my side!

By Jay

My boyfriend of 2 years is 17 on April 14. And I have no clue what to get him. He loves baseball and hunting and fishing! But it's harder to put together a gift than you think. He has everything and never tells me what he wants. I just need help.

By Samantha

My boyfriend turns 17 on Valentine's Day and I have no clue what too get him. He's not really into sports, but he does love music and loves iPods, etc. I want too get him something unique.

By Jennifer L.

I need to find something to buy my boyfriend. It's our first year spending birthdays together and I can't think of something great. Please help. He loves cars, burnouts, and games, It's in a week.

By Mckenzie

I'm 17 and my boyfriend is turning 17. We have been dating for 9 months and I wanted to get him something special for his birthday. We love each other very much and I wanted to show him how much I love him by getting or making him something special. Any suggestions?

By Jennifer from Anaheim, CA

Answers:

Birthday Gift Ideas for 17 Year Old Boyfriend

Make him a rose out of duct tape. Do a search to get the instructions. I did one for my hubby and he still has it three years later.

Penny (10/20/2010)

By Penny Custar

My boyfriend is turning 17 in 4 days. I don't have money to spend, but I want to get him gifts he will love. Please help on different ideas and gifts.

By Aileen

Answers:

In my experience boys of 17 are just larger versions of boys of 7 (and 77) So if you don't have much money the best thing to do is get as much fun value out of it as you can.
So go to the dollar store or toyshop and buy novelty items of stationary (if still in school), glow in the dark skeletons, a little basketball hoop, enough water pistols for him and his friends to have a giant water pistol fight. You know him so you can choose things he will like, but stick with the fun idea and he won't notice that you didn't spend much.

Remember when you were a kid and you always wanted huge packs of candies and snacks or only got them at Christmas, get those he will love them. The favorite thing I ever bought my son was a bubble gum machine, he was 18. (09/05/2010)

By ayesha christmas

Homemade gift certificates are always nice, i.e. for a massage, a homemade dinner, dessert, movie night (or video night), cleaning his room, etc. Give him a booklet of 10 or even 12 (one a month).

Make him a video and upload it to YouTube; include footage and photos of your favorite moments.

If you have a little money, one of my favorite gifts is lottery tickets. A $1 ticket can potentially be worth thousands or even millions. I usually spend $5-$20 on a variety of scratch-off lotteries and then enclose them in a birthday card. Even if they are losers, many allow you to mail the cards in for another chance to win (read the back). And even if you don't win anything, you feel good about supporting various services, i.e. in NY, lottery money supports public education. Make sure he knows this so that he can feel good about the tickets.

Make a hidden surprise gift. For example, either bake a little cake or make soap with special surprises inside (making sure he doesn't eat the surprises by mistake!). The surprises could be coins, toys, stuff from a $1 store, etc., choose stuff that matters to him and make sure they're clean if you bake the cake (and make sure they don't melt, alternatively, you can make no-bake cheesecake). Make a video of him eating the cake, discovering each surprise.

Make him a teddy bear using old clothing. Maybe even a shirt of yours that he like so that it'll always remind him of you.

Buy him a used wig. (09/08/2010)

By bryguy

If you want to make soap, Google for recipes. The absolute easiest way to make soap is to simply take some normal soap pieces (chop up a bar into little pieces) and boil them in a little water until melted (and use a blender to speed things up). Add color and fragrance, if desired (you probably shouldn't use fragrance in a food blender). Mix well and pour the liquid into a mold (little cake molds are great). When it cools and starts to thicken, put in your little surprises.

If you're sexually active, and I'm just being realistic here, slip in an unopened condom. Write on a little love note with a waterproof Sharpie. Something as simple as your phone number would be perfect. Imagine his surprise upon discovering it when showering. My ex did this for Valentine's Day. And if you're not sexually active (Good for you!), write the note on the sealed waterproof plastic wrapper of a mint; something like, "Eat this and be ready to be kissed." Or simply write the note on something waterproof like wax paper.

Make the soap fancy by swirling in food coloring when it's thick. That'll give it a marble effect. You can even write in a message. When the soap solidifies, you can poke a hole in the corner and tie a ribbon or rope through it for hanging (Soap-on-a-Rope was popular in the 70s). That way, he can distinguish his special soap from the family soap (if you use the condom idea you surely don't want his family discovering the special surprise!). Remember that all the surprises are for him only, so the soap should only be for his use.

Finally, find or make a fancy box for the soaps. Wrap each soap in tissue paper before packaging. Since your boyfriend is a heterosexual male, make sure to use fragrances and colors that won't threaten his masculinity. If he's a sports fan, you can make nice sports wrapping by photocopying or printing a collage of images found on the web. Use this printout for wrapping. Heck, you can use any images, i.e. Star Wars, not just sports. (09/08/2010)

By bryguy

Take him to a movie that only a guy would really want to go to and buy his snacks. (10/13/2010)

By Judy

My boyfriend is turning 17 in 2 weeks and I've been with him 11 months. What can I get him? I want something special.