Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend

Category Birthday
Finding the perfect gift for someone you care about can be a challenge. This guide contains birthday gift ideas for a boyfriend.

My boyfriend is turning 18 in a couple of days and I haven't gotten him anything. The fact is I don't have the means to get him something nice. I do however, own something I think could be a gift. It's a solid glass which has a motorcycle made out of air in it. He likes cars and bikes so is this a good gift? I'm not so sure of this gift because a couple of our friends have seen it in my home before. Oops. Please help.

By jenny from Varna, Bularia

Answers

Best Answer

Jenny! If I were an 18 year old guy, I would love that as a gift and just the idea that you would like him to have something of yours, is so-o-o sweet. And who cares that some of your friends saw it.The only thing that matters is that you would like him to have it. So I vote, tie a ribbon on it and give it to him. I bet in 20 years, he'll still have it!

Best Answer

Kate Middleton doesn't mind that Prince William gave her his mom's ring, and the whole world knows that it's not new. That makes it sentimental. If you think he'll like it, go for it! If he's the right kind of guy, he won't mind even if he knows it was already yours.

Best Answer

Giving a gift should be from the heart, not about how much you have to spend. It is in the giving that the message is sent, and a thoughtful gift, such as something that you know he will like, is more important than going out and spending money on something pointless.

Also, if this guy cares about you and isn't a materialistic schmuck, then he will very much appreciate your gift, knowing that you took the time to think of something that would mean something to him.

Best Answer

I think that if he is into cycles, this would be a good gift. I agree with the others, the fact that it was yours makes it sentimental, you are parting with something that you liked, to give it to him.

I'm really stressed because my boyfriend's birthday is in 2 days (he's turning 20) and I don't really know what to do for him! We have been together for almost 6 months and we've been best friends for about 4-5 years. I just don't know what to make or buy him. I recently moved to a different state so we're farther apart than we've ever been.

I'm thinking of making a CD with both of our favorite songs on it or a jar filled with different messages. The only thing about that is I just started working and when I get off I usually go home and go to sleep. What is something that I can buy that my boyfriend would love? I'm struggling on this so please help me!

Answers

Best Answer

If I were him, given that you've moved away, what I'd like more than anything would be to see you. Is that possible for you?

Best Answer

Roseann has the best gift. Short of that, how about a very nice photo of you. I don't know if you have time now to even mail it, but you can scan and send it. I hope that helps.

PBP

Best Answer

If you don't have time to make a CD, perhaps you could purchase one that has your favorites on it, or from an artist whose concert you attended together, or want to attend. A framed photo of yourself might be nice. What about a picture of the two of you printed onto a Teeshirt or a mug?

Best Answer

From your post, I gather you and your boyfriend are both working. Here is a nice little idea, which I did for my boyfriend at the time - had a dish garden of various cacti delivered to his workplace with a Happy Birthday balloon (bonsais are very popular now and easy to maintain). My bf was blown away by such an original idea, and was thrilled.

He kept the garden for years at his job. Your boyfriend is out of state, and what a lovely reminder of you whenever he sees the gift you sent. People need to get over the outdated notion that men do not like such things. False! We aren't talking 2 dozen red roses in a huge showy vase draped in white lace, but a dish garden. It's thoughtful present.

My boyfriend is turning 27 in May and I want to get him something that would be useful to him. He loves cars and airplanes and is going to be going to school for mechanics in the fall.

By Jessi from NY

Answers

Best Answer

I suggest a bucket filled with car-wash goodies like microfiber cloths, sponges, cleaning spray, air fresheners for the car, tire cleaner, etc. (check your dollar store!), and fill in with some of his favorite treats (candy, chips).

You might also include a gift certificate to a car wash or some homemade coupons good for a free batch of cookies or brownies from you. Decorate it with tissue paper and a bow, and you're set!

Best Answer

Cut the frilly things out. The school should be able to get you a list of what will be required, and the name of a vendor you could use. (Sears has a lifetime warranty, SNAP-ON supposed to have best quality, but no lifetime warrenty). 1 son did a 4 year auto tech/body college, 1 a 2 year auto body program. Tool boxes don't have to be the most expensive as most students buy different ones after they graduate. They have to lock. My boys did Sears tools, and if they break 15 years down the road, they are warranties. You can expect to pay about $700 and up for tools/box. Don't feed into the $2000 set up. Cute colored chests covered in grease still holds the same as the $400 chest, same work (hey, holds the tools--what more do you need!)
So check that school list and find something you can afford or get a gift card from the vendor.
Vendors come to the school and sell products to the students (and parents who pay for them) and say they give great package prices. Take time to add them up, don't buy more than required on your list at first.
My kids got scholarships independent of the college which then they could use on tools, boots, safety glasses, etc. All required.

Mom who has been there twice. Eldest took 2 smashed Saturn, made 1 brand new road ready car.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for eight months and I was wondering what an appropriate gift would be for his 34st birthday? I am 20, and a college student, so I don't make too much money, but I would really like to get him something nice.

He is a lawyer, but I don't really want to get him anything that reminds him of work. I was thinking about possibly buying him a down comforter (his comforter is really thin and doesn't keep him warm in the winter), but I don't know if that's too practical? Any advice would be great.

By kiki from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

Most of the men I know would really appreciate a practical, yet thoughtful, gift. Given a choice I'd rather give and receive something that will actually get used than another knick-knack, myself. I think the comforter sounds like a fabulous gift, especially if you include a sweet note about it keeping him warm.

If you decide it's too impersonal, I like to "give" outings that are geared toward the person's interests. Perhaps take him to a concert, day-hike and picnic, movie and nice dinner, or whatever you think he'd like. It really is the thought that counts so the important thing is to show that you're thinking of him. (04/11/2010)

By Stephanie

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

I realize I am older and more old fashioned, but I think a comforter is a little on the personal side. I guess I would stick to an outing type of gift, just in case the relationship doesn't last. (04/11/2010)

By Joan

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

I think I have to agree with redhatterb. I would go with some sort of special outing; tickets to a football game, or a play, concert, or whatever he would like. If he is 34 and a lawyer, he most certainly has much more money than you and can buy himself just about anything that he wants. Perhaps even a homemade birthday cake and a candle light dinner at your house.

I like to give an article of clothing; a sweater, shirt, gloves, because then whenever he wears it, he would think of you. But then, lots of the guys I have dated have been terrible dressers, so that is one reason I go with the clothes. A lawyer may have lots of suits and so on, but maybe a tee shirt with a logo of his favorite sports team? One thing, don't spend too much money. You likely can't afford it, and it isn't necessary. It really is the thought that counts. Especially with men. (04/12/2010)

By Louise B.

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

My daughter came up with a quite unique idea that actually brought tears to her boyfriend's eyes. He had a dog that he absolutely loved, but as is nature, the dog eventually died. He was so close to this dog that he says he will never have another one.

Anyway, my daughter found a picture of this dog and had it put on piece that could be used as a Christmas ornament or just hung on the wall. Her boyfriend treasures it and I think it would be an appropriate gift for anyone for Christmas, birthday, any occasion, whether the relationship lasts or not. (Good luck with that, by the way.) Perhaps it could be put on a key chain or whatever your imagination comes up with. A very special gift. (04/12/2010)

By S Durgeloh

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

If this is the first celebration you have spent with him, don't make it personal at all. No matter how close you are. Tickets to a sports game he likes, or dinner out and a movie he would like. Don't gift personal intimate gifts. No photo, no 2 day overnight mini-cation. I hate to be strange, but he is a wee bit older than you, and "older" men enjoy stuff for themselves. Have a wonderful relationship. (04/12/2010)

By norma carlyon

My boyfriend"s birthday is next Saturday and I have no clue what to get him. My money is limited. Some ideas would be great.

By Sydney

Answers:

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

My first Christmas with the man who would a year later become my husband I had no clue what to get him. I decided on a movie. Less than 20 bucks, sometimes much less. (06/12/2009)

By christi

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

Usually men have so sort of passion/addiction. It may be cars (classic, new, hot rods) or maybe even wood working. I once got a car fanatic a subscription to a magazine and got him a few things for his car that were small, placed one magazine in a car wash bucket along with knick-knacks for his hobby and he was happy with it.

But then my hubby's Bday was last Friday and I woke him up with coffee and rubbed his back til he woke up really well. I made his favorite foods and the man felt like a king and tried to claim the whole weekend as his birthday. (06/13/2009)

By Chess

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

• How about taking him on a picnic with a birthday cake?
  • A team sports cap?
  • A CD of the things you like to listen to?
  • A framed picture of the 2 of you? (06/13/2009)

By Janet

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

Toys. Whatever his fancy, get it in the toy store/section. Also, try the Hobby Store. To better assist you I would need to know more about his likes. Consider reposting with some BF details of his interests and character. I am very good at gifting, even for knowing very little about a person. Try shopping and listen to your intuition, turn off the noise and just release the stress of it. Flow through things you know he's into and follow that. Maybe make him something? Picnic, check town events (free or low cost), make dinner, and go to his favorite book/comic store? (06/13/2009)

By Mista

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

I got my man a magazine subscription. It was only $10 and gives all year long. I went to magazines.com (06/13/2009)

By Michele

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

You didn't give an age so not sure if this will help you. If your boyfriend has a dog or cat he adores start a scrapbook for him based on the dog or cat. There are sites on the web you can use to help you design pages and add photos to the pages from ones you might have of the pet or can obtain copies from his family. I did this for one of my husband's Christmas presents last year, we have a dog. I also got a coffee mug with dog's picture on it and a tree ornament that is tiny frame and put the dog's picture in it, too.

If your boyfriend has any children you could do this with his children being the subject of the scrapbook or photo on a mug. You can also get favorite photos etched in quartz (with lighted bases for viewing) done. That was also one of his Christmas presents. The scrapbook is an on going process for I only started with four pages and then added as a great photo came up to use on a page. (06/13/2009)

By Bev

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

Why not prepare a nice dinner and eat by candlelight. Maybe even bake his favorite cake or dessert. Give him a massage and maybe even wash and vacuum out his car for him. These things would cost little, but would certainly mean a lot. (06/15/2009)

By Rachel's Mom

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

It might be too late to offer suggestions, but a $5 or $10 gift card to a Subway, McDonald's or other favorite fast-food place might be useful. It's not lovey dovey by any means and it shows that you were considering his favorite place. Good luck. (06/18/2009)

By khilde

It's my boyfriend's birthday next month and I'm not quite sure what to get him.

Load More