Birthday Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend

Category Birthday
Finding the perfect gift for someone you care about can be a challenge. This guide contains birthday gift ideas for a boyfriend.

My boyfriend is turning 18 in a couple of days and I haven't gotten him anything. The fact is I don't have the means to get him something nice. I do however, own something I think could be a gift. It's a solid glass which has a motorcycle made out of air in it. He likes cars and bikes so is this a good gift? I'm not so sure of this gift because a couple of our friends have seen it in my home before. Oops. Please help.

By Jenny from Varna, Bularia

Answers

Best Answer

Jenny! If I were an 18 year old guy, I would love that as a gift and just the idea that you would like him to have something of yours, is so-o-o sweet. And who cares that some of your friends saw it.The only thing that matters is that you would like him to have it. So I vote, tie a ribbon on it and give it to him. I bet in 20 years, he'll still have it!

Best Answer

Kate Middleton doesn't mind that Prince William gave her his mom's ring, and the whole world knows that it's not new. That makes it sentimental. If you think he'll like it, go for it! If he's the right kind of guy, he won't mind even if he knows it was already yours.

Best Answer

I think that if he is into cycles, this would be a good gift. I agree with the others, the fact that it was yours makes it sentimental, you are parting with something that you liked, to give it to him.

My boyfriend is turning 17 in five days. I have no idea what to get him for his birthday! Any suggestions?

By BaseballFan23 from Buckeye, AZ

Answers

Best Answer

Um. Get him something from one of his favorite stores. Also think about what he is into. If it's sports get him something for one of his favorite teams. If he's into anything else then get him something related to that. If you want to get him something personalized make him a silly scrapbook of your pictures, or if he wouldn't like that you should get him a dog tag with your names on it. Whatever it is if it's from you he'll love it. So be creative, and think about him. I hope I helped.

Best Answer

Food! Snacks, pizza, dessert of the month (1 dessert every month), a giant cake all for him.

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is July 1st. I don't have a clue what to get him that is affordable. My budget is very limited; I am 14. I want to get him something nice. He is a very quiet guy if that helps! Please answer.

By Leah N.

Answers

Best Answer

I have a grandson who just turned 17 and what he wanted most was a gift card for Subway or for the movies.

Best Answer

Your 18 year old boyfriend is an adult. He is too old for you!

Whatever you decide to get him for his birthday should be something homemade or thoughtful. These are always the best gifts. Don't spend money on him. Its his job to spend money on you!

My boyfriend and I have been dating on and off for 2 1/2 years. We are both turning 16 this month and also our one year anniversary is this month. Our families are close. I have gotten him lots of gifts before, but I am stumped. What should I get him? or do with him. He is a varsity football player if that's any help.

By Keni

Answers

Best Answer

How about a gift card from where ever he hangs out after school or practice? Our boys go to Mickey D's or Sonic.
Good Luck!

Best Answer

Is he getting a car? You could get him a stereo or something else for it if he is getting one. Do you have an amusement park nearby or are there any concerts or sporting events coming to your area? That would be something fun the both of you could do together. Or if you're short on money you could always make him dinner or a picnic. Good luck and Happy Birthday to you both!

Best Answer

Browse for unusual holidays that correspond to the date, and celebrate an unusual theme this year.

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 25th. We have been going out for 3 months so far, it will be 4 soon. He's into emo, screamo, goth, paintball guns, and knives, but also has a soft side. I am not sure what to get him for his bday? He has asked me to marry him and we're very serious, but I can't think of anything to get him. Any ideas?

By ? from NY

Answers

Best Answer

Have you considered either buying him a gift certificate from his favourite store, so that he can choose what he'd really like & maybe add it towards any other gifts of cash that he may receive. Otherwise, go into the store & ask for suggestions, but make sure that he can change what you buy him, if he already owns what you've brought, or needs something else more. A really nice photo of yourself would also be much appreciated, for a frame on his desk, or wall & a small one for his wallet that he can 'show off' to his mates. :-) Men are romantic! lol.
Good Luck.
Cheers,
Wendy

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months and his birthday is coming up. He will be turning 17. I have absolutely no idea what to get him. He's a drummer and doesn't have a favorite band and doesn't like sports. And he told me not to get him anything, but I am.

By Jamie H.

Answers

Best Answer

A gift certificate to music store with good percussion department. If you choose to buy him sticks, be sure to get the right wood and size.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 3 months. I am 16 and he will turn 18 on Christmas and I already know what I'm going to get him for Christmas, but not for his birthday. He says "whatever you get me I will be happy with." Well what if I get him something he already has? or don't want/like? We are totally different. I am a country girl and he ain't. So that's kinda what's got me stuck about what to get him. I wanna get it during Black Friday. So please help me.

By Gracie

Answers

You should give him a new pair of sneakers or give him a gift card.

PS I'm sorry if my answer did not help you out.

Hi,
Don't worry, I think you are more in a confusing state as it is found in many people that for planning gifts they just get confused.

Anyways their are three ways you can search for gifts for him:
1. Find a gift that you think he never had.
2. Find a gift that suits his interest & hobbies. (best way)
3. Find a gift that he already have but need to be replaced.(i.e. if he have wallet that is too old then replace it with a brand new wallet, so same way you can replace his old things with brand new.

My boyfriend is turning 14 in May. What do I get him? It has to be £20 or below.

I'm really stressed because my boyfriend's birthday is in 2 days (he's turning 20) and I don't really know what to do for him! We have been together for almost 6 months and we've been best friends for about 4-5 years. I just don't know what to make or buy him. I recently moved to a different state so we're farther apart than we've ever been. I'm thinking of making a CD with both of our favorite songs on it or a jar filled with different messages. The only thing about that is I just started working and when I get off I usually go home and go to sleep. What is something that I can buy that my boyfriend would love? I'm struggling on this so please help me!

I need suggestions for what to gift my boyfriend this year as he is turning 20. He loves music. That is all that I know about him and I have a collection of his pictures. Can you suggest to me what to do? Please.

By Perrie

Answers

If you don't know him, how do you expect us to know what to get him. If he is your boyfriend, you should have a better idea than any of us.

It seems to me that if you only know this about him, you haven't been dating very long. Get him a card. That's enough. If you want to do more, bake him some cookies.

If that's all you know about him, then I don't think it's appropriate to give him a gift at all. He may think you're rushing things a bit.

I need to surprise my boyfriend with something from the heart, but I don't know what to do or get him. He has never had a birthday party, so I'm already planning one of those, but presents wise, I don't know what to do. Help!

By Anastasia M.

Answers

Do you have a lot of photos of the both of you? If so, a photo book or scrapbook with photos might be nice. It would show that you had been thinking of him, and put in some effort. I always liked to buy my boyfriends something to wear, like a sweater or a shirt, as often men have no taste at all, and could use a little zip in their wardrobe. Also, they will think of you when they wear the item, and when you notice that they wore it, and make a fuss, they will feel special, as will you, of course!

I've been on and off with my boyfriend since last June. We're pretty serious and have plans for the future already. He turns 18 on October 17th. What do I get him? He's a country boy, he likes fishing, hunting, and things like that. He didn't let me get him a gift last year but I want to surprise him this year. Any ideas?

By Becca from Virginia Beach, VA

Answers

It isn't that great a gift but get him a gift certificate to his favorite hunting/fishing store.. Without knowing what he already has I can't recommend a particular fishing pole or anything like that. If you know what store he frequents for his supplies you can go in and ask them. They may remember him talking about something he would like to have. Or recommend something they know he doesn't have but may enjoy. This will be particularly true if it is a small shop (owner operated) or has been there a good amount of time with the same staff.

Can you crochet or knit? If not, is there someone who can teach you? A warm, handmade scarf or afghan made with camo colored yarn makes a nice "manly" gift for a sportsman of any age.

My Dad's a hunter & fisherman, got him an LLBean leatherman a few years ago, he keeps it on him all the time. Its several tools in one. Get one in the mid price range $30.
Or get a journal to keep track of what he catches...

My boyfriend is turning 18 in ten days and I have no idea what to get him. He loves cars and his dirt bikes. Please help!

My boyfriend turns 16 in 5 days and our anniversary is 2 days after that. What can I get him? Help me please.

I'm 15 and I've been going out with my boyfriend now for 7 months and in 2 months time my boyfriend is having his 18th birthday. I have no idea what to get him. He is a lovely amazing lad and I love him loads. Please help.

By Catrin W

Answers

He is too old for you.

If you can afford it, a nice portrait of you would be loved. However, be careful. He is not an adult till his birthday, then things between you might be a bit "dicey" with your relationship. Good luck.

My boyfriend's birthday is on May 30th, long time away, I know. But I'm already trying to figure out what to get him. We've been dating for 15 months now, and I want to give him something not too expensive, but something that he will like. Any suggestions?

By Elisabeth R.

Answers

You don't give your age, but I've found that most guys love getting things for their vehicles or something sports related. Is he into music - concert tickets or a vintage album from ebay? Designer sunglasses, sport shoes he's wanted, great wallet, link bracelet, tattoo certificate, book for college course he's taking over the summer, super haircut he can't afford, a fancy restaurant date with you covering the bill, tickets to something for just him and a guy friend.

You can also try gift certificates to itunes or the like - or farmville if he plays that, or similar online games.

My boyfriend is turning 27 in May and I want to get him something that would be useful to him. He loves cars and airplanes and is going to be going to school for mechanics in the fall.

By Jessi from NY

Answers

I suggest a bucket filled with car-wash goodies like microfiber cloths, sponges, cleaning spray, air fresheners for the car, tire cleaner, etc. (check your dollar store!), and fill in with some of his favorite treats (candy, chips). You might also include a gift certificate to a car wash or some homemade coupons good for a free batch of cookies or brownies from you. Decorate it with tissue paper and a bow, and you're set!

Cut the frilly things out. The school should be able to get you a list of what will be required, and the name of a vendor you could use. (Sears has a lifetime warranty, SNAP-ON supposed to have best quality, but no lifetime warrenty). 1 son did a 4 year auto tech/body college, 1 a 2 year auto body program. Tool boxes don't have to be the most expensive as most students buy different ones after they graduate. They have to lock. My boys did Sears tools, and if they break 15 years down the road, they are warranties. You can expect to pay about $700 and up for tools/box. Don't feed into the $2000 set up. Cute colored chests covered in grease still holds the same as the $400 chest, same work (hey, holds the tools--what more do you need!)
So check that school list and find something you can afford or get a gift card from the vendor.
Vendors come to the school and sell products to the students (and parents who pay for them) and say they give great package prices. Take time to add them up, don't buy more than required on your list at first.
My kids got scholarships independent of the college which then they could use on tools, boots, safety glasses, etc. All required.

Mom who has been there twice. Eldest took 2 smashed Saturn, made 1 brand new road ready car.

My boyfriend is turning 15 in a week. What should I get him for his birthday? We've been dating 3 months and 6 days after his birthday will make 4 months. He says he doesn't want anything, but I still want to get him something. I need help!

My boyfriend and I have been together almost 3 years now. His birthday is on May 27th and I'm not sure exactly what to get him. We live around the Kansas City area. He loves watching the Royals, is fascinated with the military, loves antique shopping, and loves G.I. Joes. He is joining the navy and I want to get him a gift that he normally wouldn't buy himself. I'm wanting a gift to where we can go and make a memory together. I don't have a certain price range, I just need ideas on what would be a good gift to buy him?
Thanks!

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a month and 3 and half weeks. His birthday is coming up, but I have absolutely no idea what I should get him, because he doesn't really talk about things he likes often. I didn't want to just ask him and then he knows what I am getting him. I have no idea what to do.

I have been dating this amazing guy named Cruz for awhile, but I have no idea what to get him for a birthday present. I've known him for 2 years. He is really into 4 wheeling and dirt bike riding. He loves to fish and hunt. He is not into video games, but he loves movies. We have already been to the movies and roller skating on dates. I'm planing on packing a picnic lunch and taking it over to our "secret spot" which sounds like we do bad stuff, but it is nothing like that. It's just where we go to get away from everyone. But I still don't have a present. He loves my cooking and spends almost every weekend with me and is basically my best friend. I want to do something that gives him some space from me, like something with his friends, but I also want to get him something that involves me in it to. Please help. Thanks!

By Danielle

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 28th. Every time I ask what he wants, he says nothing. Please help!

By Raylena

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is coming up, I have no idea what I should get. He is in the Army, he loves to hunt, fish, he plays video games sometimes, he likes Penn state and the Steelers. He does so many things for other people and I just wanna get him something amazing. We have only been together for 4 months, but have gotten to know each other so well. I'm just stuck on what to get him. Any suggestions?

By Tiffany L

Okay so my boyfriend is turning 15, and we've only been going out for 6 months, but are really serious. He's into bands and music, but already has an iPod and everything, and we're already going to a concert for his birthday (sponsored by his parents). He doesn't like sports, kinda likes video games, and loves Game of Thrones. I'm going to make him dinner and take him out, but I need a really good gift (or collection of little things) as well! Thanks.

By Sarah J.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 4 months now, and he's turning 16 soon. He really loves soccer. I have no idea what to get him, I'm looking for something creative and not too expensive. We also have a lot of pictures together but I don't know what I would do. Please help.

By lmj

It's not his birthday yet, but I don't know what to get him. He doesn't like bracelets or chains. He's interested in dogs, but his mam will kill me if I get him a dog. He has like 5 of his own. We've been together a year and I don't know what to get him. Please help.

By Tiffany

Answers

With five dogs, how about a PetSmart (or such) gift card, done up in a fancy small box with ribbon and a cute/funny card?

I have been with my boyfriend for just over 2 years now and it's his 17th birthday next month. He's really into Italian designers and sports cars, has a moped and is about to get his first car.

I got him a sportscar experience last year where you could go in a Ferrari on a racecourse and he never used it so experience days are a big no. He hates funny or humorous gifts.

By M.B from southwest England

Answers

Well, I think if he didn't bother to use the experience you got him, which I think was a wonderfully imaginative gift, I wouldn't bother giving him something all that memorable. Buy him a sweater. If he doesn't like that and doesn't wear it, it can at least be donated to a charity where it will be given to someone who will appreciate it. And don't make it some horribly expensive gift. Not necessary. Or, give him a book that you think he might like (be sure it is one you would like to read!)

I'm sorry if I sound somewhat unimaginative, but I am so flabbergasted that he wouldn't bother to use last year's gift, that I don't think that you should waste too much time on the process (He should be glad you don't get him socks).

My boyfriend is Muslim so he doesn't celebrate Christmas; however, his birthday is on December 26. We have been dating for 2 years and he always gets me presents, just because. He is a soccer player and he's in college. I don't know what to get him! I want something cute, but at the same time something he could use every day. Please help.

By Becca

I plan to buy a gift for my lover's 22nd birthday and I also plan to present 22 gifts to him. Any ideas for the 22 gifts?

By Dhivya

Answers

I did this for my son's 30th birthday... among the gifts: 30 quarters, $30 gift card, 30 first class stamps, a handmade gift certificate for 30 minutes of cleaning, and 30 mini-Kit-Kat bars (his favorite). I'm sure you'll come up with many others... think about his favorite things and activities - whether leisure or work related - serious or funny. I wrapped each item individually, then put them all in a box and wrapped that too. It was a big hit!

We have been dating for 11 months and he likes games, sports, and hanging out with me a lot, but I have no clue what get him for his birthday. Please help me.

By Sabrina D. from Lacey, WA

Answers

Well whenever I have trouble thinking about what to get my boyfriend I ask my self two things: "is there some activity that we can do together?" ( like going to a sports game),and second is "has he been talking about some interests recently?" ( for example, my boyfriend likes Dungeons and Dragons and was complaining how his books for it are the older additions, so I got him a couple of the newer additions). Personally I think taking him out to an activity is the best gift, because its the gift of a good experience!

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 4years and in a few months he's turning 18. I want to give him 18 awesome presents. There are no issues with my budget. We both are of same age and on my birthday he gifted me a brand new Apple iPhone. So I also want something huge and amazing for him. He's quite different and likes new new things. His taste is very different from mine and I really don't know what to do because I'm scared whether he'll like my presents or not? Please help.

By from Delhi, India

I been with my handsome, black boyfriend for almost 4 years. He's turning 35. He is a basketball coach. I what to give him something special. Any clue?

By Gisy from El Centro, CA

Answers

How about an album with photos from the last 4 years; either photos of the 2 of you, or photos from the various teams/athletes he's coached along with "leadership" or "coaching" sayings to support all he's done for his teams.

My boyfriend is turning 18 on September 14. He is a total redneck. I have no idea what to get him. My budget is kind of low. Please help!

By Kelli from Saginaw, MI

Answers

How about a hat that holds a can on either side with a straw that goes into his mouth. I think you get them at at a gag gift store like spencers along with a gas station gift card.

My boyfriend and I have been together over 9 months. He is turning 18 in a few days and I still am not sure what to do or get for him. I want to make a scrapbook or collage of all our memories, but still can't decide. He plays tennis and enjoys playing golf. I've already done the gift card idea for Christmas and don't want to do that again. I want to show that I've really tried on his gift. Any suggestions?

By Lexy N.

Answers

A scrap book or collage is not something he will hang on to if you break up. I would suggest taking him to a driving range and buying him a bucket of balls to go with the new driver you get him for his birthday gift. He will keep the driver forever!

It's my boyfriend's birthday in 5 days. We have been dating for 10 months now, and I have no idea what to get him. I was thinking of a cologne, or a Snaget him snapback, or a necklace like them manly ones. I'm so stuck and have no idea. Someone please suggest something. He is turning 17 and I wanna get him something he can keep in memory, like something cute. Please help me, I'm in need.

By Sophia

Answers

How about a framed photograph of the two of you?
Marg from England.

Load More