Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend's 20th Birthday

Category Birthday
This guide contains gift ideas for a boyfriend's 20th birthday. If you are lacking in gift ideas for your boyfriend, maybe some of these suggestions will be helpful.

I've been with my boyfriend for 6 months and it will be 7 months on the 5th October, however his birthday is on the 15th and he's turning 20. I have absolutely no idea what to get him! I want to get him something because I don't want to turn up to his house on his birthday, surrounded by all his family and have nothing for him.

The thing is, he's told me not to get him anything as he didn't get me anything for my 18th in early July. Because he was unemployed at that point, I wasn't expecting anything. However, he'd said that he will take me for a meal sometime in October as he is saving up for his birthday because he's going on a night out.

Even though I'm unemployed, I still want to get him something. I don't know what to get. Any ideas?

By Theresa

Answers

Best Answer

I don't mean to be ugly but he said not to get him anything plus you said he said he was saving to have a night out. To me he should give you something now if he is working instead of saving for a night out for himself.

I don't mean something expensive. But if you really want to do something why not fix him a meal and watch a movie on TV. Plus it could make him feel bad if you went out and spent something on him and he did nothing for you!

Best Answer

Is there something that you could make for him? A photo album of pictures of the two of you? The birthday cake? A batch of homemade cookies?

My boyfriend, of a year and a half, will celebrate his birthday on December 28, right after Christmas! I've been having enough trouble trying to figure out a Christmas gift (which I still haven't figured out), and I need ideas or gift ideas to do for his birthday.

My boyfriend is someone who has everything. He has over 20 hats and shoes, too many clothes to count, and he has every game system (even PS4). As for jewelry he likes gold chains that cost more than $3000, which is just a little too much. My budget is about 1100, for the whole birthday, but that's not a fixed price. He doesn't care for clubbing or dinners, but more exciting things. I have already bought us Leaf's tickets for a week before his birthday. If anyone has some suggestions, let me know. I would greatly appreciate it!

By Jaime K.

Answers

Best Answer

Wow, that is a large budget! I would recommend planning a weekend getaway to somewhere interesting. Or maybe some sort of performance that he may enjoy.

Or you could try to make him something personal. Since he has so many things already, he might treasure a thoughtful homemade gift.

Good luck!

I have been going out with my partner for almost 10 months (it will be our 10 month anniversary 11 days after his 20th). We got engaged in February 2013, I am in no financial position to go and spend a lot of money. We haven't celebrated birthdays while we have been together. We have only celebrated 1 Christmas while we have been together, so I haven't really had a good idea on what to get him. He loves playing Playstation yet doesn't want any Playstation games. He doesn't wear jewelry, likes listening to music, he drinks and smokes, but is trying to give up smoking. When I ask what he would like he doesn't really give me any sort of idea. I'm stuck. Help!

By Mikaela P

Answers

Best Answer

I recommend that you buy concert tickets to a show that the two of you will enjoy together. There are often inexpensive shows available in smaller venues, and they can be more fun as well.

If that doesn't work for you, how about a new CD or some new headphones? Maybe a iTunes gift card? Or a band or concert T-shirt.

I'm sure you will come up with something great.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. I don't have a job currently and I'm 17; he's turning 20. For his birthday, I made him a cake and bought two t-shirts.

Now I don't know what to do? I have a limit of at least 40$. I want something memorable. I was going to make him a video, but I thought that was something more for like Valentines Day? Any ideas?

By Tania

Answers:

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

I think you have been overly generous with your gifts. It should have been enough to receive a cake. For the next event make it muffins, then cookies, and back to a cake. Stop spending your money unnecessarily, you are not independently wealthy. Just because he can treat you to a wonderfully extravagant day does not mean you have to reciprocate the same. (12/29/2010)

By Holly

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

Guys can never have enough clean underwear, especially teens. My nephew is athletic, so I bought him a 12-pack of jockstraps to hold him through the year. Just toss out when dirty. A real blessing for him and his mom! You can get a 12-pack at Sears for about $10.

If he likes more conventional underwear, my teen son tells me that Undergear is popular among his friends for a hip hop look. They have a large variety of unique styles that kids seem to like. (12/31/2010)

By BriannaN

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

I'm told that the leg warmers that were so popular in the 1980's are making a comeback, especially among young males influenced by sports and urban music.

(12/31/2010)

By bryguy

Birthday Gift Ideas for Boyfriend

A cake and two t-shirts is plenty. Save your $$. (01/03/2011)

By Veronica