Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend's 18th Birthday

Category Birthday
This guide contains gift ideas for a boyfriend's 18th birthday. Here are some suggestions if you are having a hard time finding the perfect gift for your boyfriend's 18th birthday.

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is July 1st. I don't have a clue what to get him that is affordable. My budget is very limited; I am 14. I want to get him something nice. He is a very quiet guy if that helps! Please answer.

By Leah N.

Answers

Best Answer

A neat idea for a birthday gift is to get a blank football jersey that has a yoke in the back. Get his last name printed across the back yoke (like football players' jerseys are). Then get the numbers 18 printed on front and back. You probably would have to go to a specialty shop to have this done but it makes a nice gift.

Best Answer

I have a grandson who just turned 17 and what he wanted most was a gift card for Subway or for the movies.

Best Answer

Your 18 year old boyfriend is an adult. He is too old for you!

Whatever you decide to get him for his birthday should be something homemade or thoughtful. These are always the best gifts. Don't spend money on him. Its his job to spend money on you!

My boyfriend is turning 18 on November 12th. I have no idea what to give him. Please help.

Answers

Best Answer

I don't know what State you live in if you have scratch-off lottery tickets? Technically you need to be 18 to cash them in so maybe get like a picture frame like an 8x10 or bigger depending on the size of the tickets and frame 18 tickets. You can decorate the outside of the frame to personalize it.

If you get $1.00 or $2.00 tickets it won't be that expensive and if he wins anything he can spend it on what he wants. If he doesn't the two of you will still have fun scratching them off and then you will have an empty frame, that's a good reason to fill it with pictures of the two of you.

Best Answer

Few gift ideas:

1. Buy him a personalized cell phone case for his phone. You can have the case made with a photo of the two of you on it or something that he really likes.
  2. If he is a sports fan and loves hokey, bet ticket to a hockey game the two of you can go and see.
  3. Maybe he is dying to go see a special movie and hasn't done it yet. Get him movies tickets and take him out to eat before the show.
  4. Ad

5. Plan a special day and just be a tourist. Go to some of yuor favorite places and spend the day. After take him out to a nice dinner.
  6. If he needs a new jacket this would be the perfect time to get him one.
  7. You might want to get him some new sport equipment or a new gym bag.
  8. Maybe pay for a 1 month membership to a gym for him if he likes these kinds of things.

I've been on and off with my boyfriend since last June. We're pretty serious and have plans for the future already. He turns 18 on October 17th. What do I get him? He's a country boy, he likes fishing, hunting, and things like that. He didn't let me get him a gift last year but I want to surprise him this year. Any ideas?

By Becca from Virginia Beach, VA

Answers

Best Answer

It isn't that great a gift but get him a gift certificate to his favorite hunting/fishing store.. Without knowing what he already has I can't recommend a particular fishing pole or anything like that. If you know what store he frequents for his supplies you can go in and ask them. They may remember him talking about something he would like to have. Or recommend something they know he doesn't have but may enjoy. This will be particularly true if it is a small shop (owner operated) or has been there a good amount of time with the same staff.

Best Answer

Can you crochet or knit? If not, is there someone who can teach you?

A warm, handmade scarf or afghan made with camo colored yarn makes a nice "manly" gift for a sportsman of any age.

Best Answer

My Dad's a hunter & fisherman, got him an LLBean leatherman a few years ago, he keeps it on him all the time. Its several tools in one. Get one in the mid price range $30.
Or get a journal to keep track of what he catches...

My boyfriend is turning 18 on February 25th. We have been going out for 3 months so far, it will be 4 soon. He's into emo, screamo, goth, paintball guns, and knives, but also has a soft side. I am not sure what to get him for his bday? He has asked me to marry him and we're very serious, but I can't think of anything to get him. Any ideas?

By ???<3 from NY

Answers

Best Answer

Have you considered either buying him a gift certificate from his favourite store, so that he can choose what he'd really like & maybe add it towards any other gifts of cash that he may receive. Otherwise, go into the store & ask for suggestions, but make sure that he can change what you buy him, if he already owns what you've brought, or needs something else more. A really nice photo of yourself would also be much appreciated, for a frame on his desk, or wall & a small one for his wallet that he can 'show off' to his mates. :-) Men are romantic! lol.
Good Luck.
Cheers,
Wendy

Best Answer

I gave the young adults at Christmas gift certificates to movie theater and certificates to fast food place or a restaurant you both like= instant date. Good for birthdays too.

Best Answer

Hey :-) My boyfriend and I had been together for around... eight months, and for his 17th I got him a silver guitar pick with a lyric to a song he said made him think about me before we started going out. That, and a jar of all the red sweeties out of jelly babies, haribo, jelly tots, fruit pastilles etc. cause those were his favourite ones. But he's eighteen in like, two weeks, and I'm not sure what to get him which will sorta top what I got him last year lol. But I hope this helps :)

My boyfriend is turning 18 in ten days and I have no idea what to get him. He loves cars and his dirt bikes. Please help!

Answers

Best Answer

You could get him a gift card to a store that he goes to that sells car or dirt bike supplies.

Best Answer

Does he need any part of his car that he's been wanting?

Ok, so my boyfriend is turning 18 December 11th, and I have no clue what to get him. He's into Magic the Gathering, Papa Roach music, and is on the wrestling team.

By ScarlettFoxtrot

I'm 15 and I've been going out with my boyfriend now for 7 months and in 2 months time my boyfriend is having his 18th birthday. I have no idea what to get him. He is a lovely amazing lad and I love him loads. Please help.

By Catrin W

Answers

Best Answer

If you can afford it, a nice portrait of you would be loved. However, be careful. He is not an adult till his birthday, then things between you might be a bit "dicey" with your relationship. Good luck.

My boyfriend turns 18 in 2 weeks. He's into football and music (just a listener), absolutely doesn't like to read, he's dying to be a sailor, and he's not easy to be impressed. I got him a watch last year, he likes it, but it broke after a week :( I guess I need something solid, that can't break, but simple (or maybe something like DIY stuff) but I also wanna make it a heart-melting gift. We've been together for 2 years and I love him so much I just wanna make his 18th special. So any idea?

Answers

Best Answer

How about tickets to a football game and his favorite dinner coined by you?

My boyfriend's 18th birthday is coming up, I have no idea what I should get. He is in the Army, he loves to hunt, fish, he plays video games sometimes, he likes Penn state and the Steelers. He does so many things for other people and I just wanna get him something amazing. We have only been together for 4 months, but have gotten to know each other so well. I'm just stuck on what to get him. Any suggestions?

By Tiffany L

Answers

Best Answer

I have a boyfriend that sounds a lot like yours :) Slightly country but is diverse and gets along with all kinds of people. For his first birthday I got him a pocket knife with his initials carved into it. Surprisingly inexpensive! I got it from PersonalCreations.com I also made him a tie blanket. You could get one with a Penn State logo on it? hope these help!

I really need your help. My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5 months. His 18th birthday is in two weeks and I don't know what to get him. He's really into music and he plays a guitar.

By Danielle

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now. This will be our 4th birthday and Christmas together. He literally has everything he's ever asked for and I'm really stuck on what to get him. He fourwheels, has a Jeep, likes hunting, fishing, and country. The only problem is in these last 3 years I've slowly run out of things to get him. It's his 18th birthday so I want to get him something nice, but he is really picky. I need help!

By Taylor F.

My boyfriend is really into acting and directing. He loves all this film making stuff. For his birthday, I'm sunk. I plan on surprising him this Friday and show up in his town! But for presents idk what to do.

By Bri N.

My boyfriend is turning 18 in a couple days, but I don't know what to get him. He's black and loves football and basketball!

By Wally

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 4years and in a few months he's turning 18. I want to give him 18 awesome presents. There are no issues with my budget. We both are of same age and on my birthday he gifted me a brand new Apple iPhone. So I also want something huge and amazing for him. He's quite different and likes new new things. His taste is very different from mine and I really don't know what to do because I'm scared whether he'll like my presents or not? Please help.

Answers

Best Answer

What's your budget? If it's less than 600 you can get him an iwatch that will accompany his iPhone.

My boyfriend is turning 18 on September 14. He is a total redneck. I have no idea what to get him. My budget is kind of low. Please help!

By Kelli from Saginaw, MI

Answers

Best Answer

How about a hat that holds a can on either side with a straw that goes into his mouth. I think you get them at at a gag gift store like spencers along with a gas station gift card.

My boyfriend and I have been together over 9 months. He is turning 18 in a few days and I still am not sure what to do or get for him. I want to make a scrapbook or collage of all our memories, but still can't decide. He plays tennis and enjoys playing golf. I've already done the gift card idea for Christmas and don't want to do that again. I want to show that I've really tried on his gift. Any suggestions?

By Lexy N.

Answers

Best Answer

A scrap book or collage is not something he will hang on to if you break up. I would suggest taking him to a driving range and buying him a bucket of balls to go with the new driver you get him for his birthday gift. He will keep the driver forever!

My fiance and I have been together for 6 months now. What should I get him for his 18th bday on December 15. I have no idea and he is into anime and I'm not, so I have no idea where to start.

By his girl

Answers

Best Answer

There are a lot of anime sites online. I know that Crunchyroll is a popular streaming service and I think they sell items as well. You could find out which are his favorite animes and get him a shirt or hat or something like that.

Another idea would be to volunteer to watch anime with him sometime. Since it is such a big part of his life, it might mean a lot for you to watch it with him.

Wishing you luck and your boyfriend a happy birthday!

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 7 months now and his birthday is January 25th. I don't know what to get him, he likes rock, hard rock, wrestling, and art, but he isn't really into sports. He keeps telling me he has what he wants and that's me. Please help me:)

By Cheyenne G

Answers

Best Answer

Get him a CD of music played at wrestling matches... if such a thing exists. You said he likes hard rock, is he familiar with Van Canto? That is a popular European somewhat hard rock band. Get him one of their CDs.

My boyfriend is turning 18. I am already 18, but he has always gotten me the best gifts ever. Now I am working and I am throwing him a surprise party and I want to get him a big special gift. Please help!

By Samantha from Knoxville, TN

Top Comment

It's difficult to say without knowing more information about his likes or dislikes, but I would get him something that relates to a hobby or passion of his. Think about what you liked best about the presents he has gotten you in the past and it may help you decide what to get him. You are already doing the surprise party so that is going to mean a lot to him.

Good luck! I'm sure you will think of something.

I'm 16 and my fiance is turning 18 on the 7th. I have no idea what to get him this year. We've been together for almost 2 years and for some reason I'm totally going crazy on figuring out what to get this time. I think it's because he's 18 and he's really psyched about it. So now I'm all pressured to get him something he'll really like. I have no idea what to do. Please help.

By Rawr<3 from MI

Answers:

Birthday Gift Ideas for 18 Year Old Boyfriend

Being 16 and boyfriend going on 18 looking for a birthday gift. You are planning on getting married (so fiance indicates). Make it something simple like a photo of the two of you, make a special frame to go with it. There are lots of craft ways from leather frames, paint your own, etc.
Spending a lot of a birthday is just in the moment when you plan to spend the rest of your life together. It is going to be expensive without material things used as celebratory measures.

I was married at 19 and the one thing I told my husband was to never surprise me with an expensive gift when we owe money to anyone via bills. Charging/using money meant for stability just breeds instability. There is nothing that I could have wanted over the security that there were no collectors at the door. In this economy, keep it simple. Plan a day where you do breakfast together, take a walk, do simple things like enjoy each other. Give him a flower, a nice card you wrote. These are what he will remember as well as you.
And if your life does not continue together on the same path, you still will appreciate the friendship in knowing him. (07/07/2010)

By Grandma J

I have 2 boys and no matter how old they get (23 and 26), they love toys. Go to the toy store and buy him a water gun (and one for you too!). You can't beat that on a hot day chasing each other around at the park.
(07/08/2010)

By Theresa French

I'm 16 and my boyfriend is 17. His birthday is June 7th and our 3 month anniversary will be on May 21st. I have absolutely no idea what to do for his 18th birthday. I don't want to be too personal about it, but I also don't want it to seem like I'm bored with him or whatever. So please if you have any advice for me that would be truly appreciated.

By *itty*bit* from Davenport, WA

Answers:

boyfriend=best friend

Hello itty bitty,
A relationship with a boy is the same as most other relationships in your life. You mentioned you are 16 so I can see why you worry about not getting something "too personal" because this would imply to him that you are "getting too serious". Well since you are together now you must have a good thing going on and so get something that you would give to a good friend. It's OK for you two to let each other know you're into the other.

A cool idea is to plant a tree for them. OK it's out, I'm a crazy treehugger, but if you plant a tree now, it will be so much bigger in a few years and perhaps you guys will still be together and you'll be able to visit the tree. And even if you're not, hopefully you can manage to be somewhat friends who can appreciate this one birthday as a good day in each of your lives. A tree will last a long time and yet change all the while so that's why it's such a good semblance of the passage of time which is also measured by most people for who they spent that time with. Or a killer CD is "I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One" (not as cheesy as it sounds) or "I am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass" both by Yo La Tengo. Cheap CDs, find them probably at your local used book/music store. (05/06/2010)

By Danielle

I'm 16 as well and my boyfriend is turning 18 on the 14th. I got him a pair of boxer shorts that have kisses all over them, like lips. It depends on who your boyfriend is, but I know he'll like them. I also got him a picture frame. I'm gonna put a picture of when we went to prom in it and on top of all of that, I'm throwing him a surprise party. He lives about an hour and half away from me and I'm driving out there without him knowing that his family and I are throwing him a party, it's gonna be so awesome. Good luck with your boyfriend. (05/08/2010)

By Rachel

Load More