Getting Rid of Ants With Vinegar

Does vinegar kill ants?

By orbork from Deming, NM

Best Answer

Don't know about vinegar, but I do know that ants will not cross talc powder. Here in SO CA in the hot summer we get them a lot. They used to come in through my kitchen window. I did some research online and tried the fix. I sprinkled baby powder on my window sill and whalah! They would not cross the talc.

Best Answer

I use the little ant motels. They are put out by the same company that makes the roach motels that work so well. Combat is the name of the company and you can find them in any home improvement store, grocery store, most dollar stores, or walmart. They are pretty cheap. You just throw the little round plastic disc around where you see ants and in two days they are gone. Just leave the discs there for a few more days and that should do it. Works for me and I live on the hot Gulf Coast where they can be a problem this time of year, with all the rain.

Best Answer

Yes, vinegar is perfect for ants. I put 3/4 vinegar with a good splash of dish soap in a spray bottle. I used the soap because it adheres better to the ants and kills them instantly. I also like to use the vinegar because it doesn't harm my pets. win/win situation. Good luck!

Home and Garden Pest Control AntsAugust 20, 2009
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 11:18:41 PM on 10.0.2.205 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.