Make Striped Shawl with Leftover Yarn

I decided to make a prayer shawl that used some of the Lion Brand yarn stash I have accumulated while making various other prayer shawls. As you can see from the stash photo, my palate leans toward the earthy colors. When I was about half done with the shawl, my daughter informs me she liked it better than her solid red one and I have to admit it is looking better than I had hoped. I cast on 80 stitches and knitted rows in varying widths using up my stash of yarn.

I donated the shawl and failed to take a picture of it, but am in the process of creating other striped shawls. It is a great way to use up your stash of like weights of yarn.

By skibum1910 from Prospect, KY

Those are very pretty colors. That's a good way to use leftover yarn.

Uses for Leftover Yarn
Uses for Leftover Yarn
Crafts KnittingJuly 28, 2010
Wind Yarn with a Hand Mixer
Rolling Up Leftover Yarn
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Scrap Yarn Project Ideas
Scrap Yarn Project Ideas
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry
🎉
🎄