Keeping from Eating Too Much

Whenever you go out to eat, box up half of your meal. That way, you don't eat as much, and you have another meal for the next day!

By Lauren from Greensboro, NC

That was extremely helpful for me to read, thank you very much. It seems when we go out to eat that we're not as hungry as we think. I mean, I order something big and usually eat most of it, but then I get to feeling really full and I feel a little mad at myself that I ate it all because I'm trying to watch what I eat, and doing that doesn't help. I'm going to use your suggestion next time and I know I'll feel better about it later. Thanks again!!

I definitely ask for anything I can't finish to be packaged up....or ask for a to-go container and do myself. Food out costs too much, so I'd never leave it to go in the trash. It always depends on what I'm having whether or not I have leftovers....I eat what I want....I don't deliberately eat less than what satisfies me. I so seldom go out to eat anymore. We have two young children and it's not always fun to take them. When I get the chance to join some friends or eat lunch out while they are at school, I savor every bite! Oh and if there are extra rolls on the table, I see nothing wrong with taking them home as well. The restaurant will just pitch them anyway!

Entertainment Dining OutFebruary 2, 2006
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Spicy Soup With Peppers
Fixing Soup With Too Much Pepper
Couple being served a Salad
Eating Healthy While Eating Out
Spaghetti Sauce
Spaghetti Sauce With Too Much Basil
🎄