Spaghetti Sauce With Too Much Basil

Category Food Fixes
If you don't like too much of one herb in your sauce, you may want to change the flavor. This guide is about spaghetti sauce with too much basil.

I put too much dried basil in my spaghetti sauce. How can I fix it?

By Doris from Purvis, MS

Answers

Best Answer

I think the best way to fix this would be to add in some diced tomatoes or a jar of basic spaghetti sauce to spread out the basil flavor. Let us know what you did and how it worked. Good luck.

Best Answer

Make another batch and don't add basil; mix second batch with the first. Also if you have too much, freeze some for future use. It freezes very well. Enjoy

You may try dropping in a piece of raw potato and simmering. I've heard this tones down something. I don't remember what but I think it was salt or sugar. In any case, the potato won't hurt the sauce.

I had the basil problem, and I did a combination of many fixes that I saw here and on other sites. A tablespoon and a half (large batch of sauce) of olive oil, a tiny splash of white wine, about a half cup of tomato puree and a touch of parsley.