Zucchini Is Turning Brown

My zucchini starts to grow but then turns yellow and brown. Am I watering too much?

Susan

By Louise B. 6 2,509 Flag

I think that might be the problem. Are you talking about the plant itself, or the zucchini fruit? Sometimes the fruit itself starts to grow, and then turns yellow and brown and does not grow properly. I think that is also do to too much water/ rain/ not enough sun.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Question: Zucchini and Cucumber Fruit Turning Yellow

My zucchini and cukes are in the same raised bed. Both plants have lots of leaves and are flowering well. The cuke looks healthy overall and I have gotten 2 real cucumbers! Now the plant starts to fruit, but the fruits turn yellow soon after (couple inches to 4 inches). The zucchini also starts to grow, but turns yellow after the plant is a few inches as well. The plant leaves have more prominent white veining that I think normal. We are in Arizona and get plenty of light and warmth. The soil is moist. I also have basil and peppers in this bed. Please help!

By Rochelle

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesJuly 15, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chopped Zucchini
Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:00:04 PM on 10.0.0.50 in 895 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings