Zucchini Is Turning Brown

My zucchini starts to grow but then turns yellow and brown. Am I watering too much?

Susan

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I think that might be the problem. Are you talking about the plant itself, or the zucchini fruit? Sometimes the fruit itself starts to grow, and then turns yellow and brown and does not grow properly. I think that is also do to too much water/ rain/ not enough sun.

July 1, 2012 Flag

My zucchini and cukes are in the same raised bed. Both plants have lots of leaves and are flowering well. The cuke looks healthy overall and I have gotten 2 real cucumbers! Now the plant starts to fruit, but the fruits turn yellow soon after (couple inches to 4 inches). The zucchini also starts to grow, but turns yellow after the plant is a few inches as well. The plant leaves have more prominent white veining that I think normal. We are in Arizona and get plenty of light and warmth. The soil is moist. I also have basil and peppers in this bed. Please help!

By Rochelle

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesJuly 15, 2008
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:44:56 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.