Keep the Change Account at Bank of America

For those of you that already bank at Bank of America this is great, others may want to open an account to take advantage of this one! There is a new saving aid called keep the change, you use your debit card to buy things and the amount you spent is rounded up to the next dollar and daily dumped into your savings account, but the great thing is for the first 3 months they match the amount 100% and thereafter 5% and this matched amount will be dumped into your account on the 1 year anniversary date you began, you would not believe how fast it adds up, I have been in this plan for 1 week now and the total for my savings which would be match and all is $14, and this is just 1 week! This is money I would of never had otherwise!

By Linda Jonson from Oceanside, Ca.

Be careful, with some accounts the fees charged for using your debit card is larger then the amount you save.

You will definetly pay the taxes on your account so you haven't saved a thing.

I love getting free money!

Are there any fees to pay? I don't mind paying taxes on "free" money unless it puts me into a higher tax bracket which isn't likely.

I already keep a change bank but it doesn't give me free money. I wouldn't need to roll the coins before I take them to the bank. I can think of a lot of good reasons to do this.

Thank you!

Love & Prayers,

Linda

We've tried to sign up for this in Washington State. I don't think they have it available for us yet. Seems like a great idea.

Susan from ThriftyFun

does anyone have any suggestions for a friend of mine recently divorced and in need of a checking account from a bank that doesn't access chexsystems (her husband screwed up their account so bad no local bank will touch her)...

i was google searching but no luck...

judo

My sister in law does this "keep the change" thing in her check book, when she writes in the correct amount for the item purchased she puts a higher, rounded up, amount next to it and uses that amount to work with all month; it makes her look like she has less money than she really has. At the end of the month when she balances with the bank statement, she writes a check of the saved money and puts it into her savings account!

Dear Judo: Wachovia bank told me last night that they have severed their relationship with Chexsystems...

Dear Linda: sounds great, but make sure you aren't paying a fee to the bank for all of these point of sale transactions!

Budget & Finance BankingDecember 10, 2005
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Yahoo Mail
Troubleshooting Problems with Yahoo Mail
Overdrawn bank account.
Dealing With an Overdrawn Bank Account
Banki ATM machine.
Banks With No Minimum Balance Requirement
🎄