ReusingGreen Living

Uses for Plastic Clothing Hangers

Does anybody have any ideas for broken plastic hangers?

By zeke47 from Boise, ID

I use the hook part to hang potholders on and then hang over knobs or handle on stove oven. Makes it easy to use potholders and keeps them in there place.

Depends where they are broken, If its the hook, tie a ribbon or string loop around the top of the hanger's bottom piece and use for ties, scarves, light stuff. if it is part of the rod at the bottom of the base piece and you still have the hook plue the curved parts on the side, use a cardboard tube to replace the broken part, attaching to the ends of the curved side parts, this then could be used for ribbon, string, etc. if it is the sides. Cut off hook and bottom rod. Glue a clothes pin with plastic glue to hook, use to dry socks etc. The rod would be a study replacement for a dowel in a diy project.

I use mine to post up plants in my garden.

I use broken hanger to keep my riding boots from getting lopsided. As long as you have the longest side of the hanger completely attached you can use it for that. And if the bottom of the hanger is broken and it is a tank top hanger I would make sure that the indented part is attached and so is the hook the I would use it for belts.

I'm looking for uses for white plastic clothes hangers.

Audrey

Answers:

Uses for Plastic Clothing Hangers

You know all of those neat closet organizers that you can buy at places like Linens-n-Things? Take a good look at them, and then use your hangers to replicate them. Everything from shelves to shoe organizers, or tie racks. For the fabric shelves, you could use some old jeans or other similarly heavy material. That's what I would do, but all of my good hangers seem to disappear. (07/23/2007)

By Beth - MA

Uses for Plastic Clothing Hangers

By WandaJo

When purchasing clothes and the cashier asks if you want the plastic hangers say, "Yes." Keep both the shirt and pant hangers.

I keep these hangers and take them on vacation with me. They're great for drying bathing suits and trunks on the shower rod or "steaming" a wrinkled shirt in the hotel bathroom. Most hotel hangers are permanently attached to the rod to prevent theft.

Also, if these plastic hangers get broken or left behind I don't feel bad.

By Cheryl from Missouri