Removing Stains from Light Colored Carpet

What's the best way to get stains out of a cream carpet? I can't afford professional cleaners. Thanks x

By Susan from Newcastle upon Tyne

OK this is never recommended and should never be done under any circumstances. But, in my younger days when I had stains on my light carpet, I used a home carpet cleaner machine, But because my carpets really needed some help. I put bleach, yep, diluted bleach on the stains with a spray bottle and let it sit a little and then washed it up. AND when the whole rug looked dingy, I put bleach in the machine with the soap and water. It worked great. It was amazing. Now I will admit that sometimes the "stains" I had to really work on were "lighter" than the rest of the carpet... but I preferred that to a black stain.

So again, Never do this, but if you try it, keep it off the furniture, drapes etc, and good luck.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetApril 9, 2011
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet