Grapevine Garden Trellis
A rustic looking ladder for sweet peas or other climbers to scramble up in your garden or in a planter on your patio.
Materials and Equipment:
- three or four bamboo poles, available in any garden store, three or more feet high
- several meters of grape, kiwi or other vine, from a garden or craft store, or your garden
- wire cutters
- Place your bamboo poles in the ground equidistant from each other in a pyramid formation. Bring the tips together and bind with wire.
- Weave the vine into a braid of three or more strands. (If it is not pliable, soak it for a few hours first.)
- Wrap the vine braid around the pole pyramid from bottom to top. If you run out of braid, start again and wrap the braid more loosely this time.
- Secure the top and bottom of the braid with wire.
- Plant sweet peas, beans or other vines at the base of the trellis and watch them scramble up.
Leave the trellis outside for the winter if you like. It makes an elegant addition to a winter garden!
May 13, 20060 found this helpful
I really like this! I am going to suggest this idea for to my mom, it'll look great on her Tuscan-themed patio.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 26, 2016 at 8:17:52 AM on 10.0.0.88 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us