Using a Metal Headboard and Footboard in Your Garden

Category Decoration
If you have an old fashioned brass or metal bedstand, upcycle it into a different kind of bed. Using a head and/or footboard in your garden beds will add a touch of whimsy to your yard.

I found this metal bed frame at the low price of $10.00. I thought it would make a great garden piece!

Yield: 2

• metal head and foot board
  • indoor/outdoor spray paint - Rustoleum American Accents - satin finish Vintage Blush and Heirloom White
  • plants and sign (optional) - 2 x 4 for the sign and stencils

1. I placed a tarp down so I could begin with spray painting a side at a time. I choose 2 colors. 1 for the head board and a second color for the other.
  2. Allow to dry.
  3. Advertisement

4. Repeat on other side.

These pieces will be placed in different locations. After dry. The feet of the boards are perfect for inserting into the ground, for display. They are not only decorative, but also serve as a functional trellis for vines.

I use old metal bed headboards -- wrought iron, brass, etc. -- as trellises for my garden. The veggies climb right up them, they look great and always garner comments, and they're interesting in the winter covered with snow. I have three and have picked all of them from people throwing them out so it's a double bonus because they didn't end up in the landfill!

By Marna from Manchester, CT

Old brass or wrought iron headboards can be used as trellises in the garden and also add a touch of whimsy to the overall landscape look.

By Bobbie

Home and Garden Gardening DecorationMay 9, 2019
🍂
🎄