Old Clothesline as a Garden Trellis

contest winner icon

Plant any kind of vining plant below an old clothesline. As the plant grows, you can anchor it to the pole with string or yarn. When it reaches the top of the pole, you can train it across the clothesline itself by attaching it to the line with clothespins. I planted a wild blackberry bush under my old line and it not only looks great, but it's easier to harvest the berries each year.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Here in Washington our blackberries are so growthy, they do 20-foot long canes in a year, and I love them, one bite of a good ripe blackberry is instant summer for me! They can take over, so I'll try putting it up like that. Thanks!

Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersSeptember 25, 2007
📓
🌻
🎂