Amazingly Simple Turtle Candies

Ingredients

• Bag of Rollo candy
  • Bag of small pretzel twists
  • Pecan halves

Directions

Place pretzels on a microwave safe plate. Place a Rollo on each pretzel. Put into microwave for a few seconds, then check to see if the Rollos have softened. If not, put them back into the microwave for a few more seconds. You'll have to play with the time since all microwaves are different. (You may be forced to eat your mistakes.)

When they are a bit soft, push a pecan half down on the Rollo. Allow to cool and for the Rollo to get firm again.

These make a thoughtful gift when placed in a pretty tin. They'll think you are the Candy Queen. You can reveal the secret or just smile and say it's a closely guarded secret.

Source: A former colleague who taught Home Economics at the same school where I taught.

Oh this sounds good. Glad I am walking lots and we have had no snow or ice to stop me!

Sandy, I made them for the first time a couple of years ago and thought they were so good and so simple. I forgot about them for this year at Christmas. Will try to remember for next year.

Thank you for this post. I just may make a few. I'll wrap them pretty for Valentines!

These are even better if you coat them in chocolate. I buy Merckens chocolate wafers, melt them and coat them. They are yummy.

I have heard of these only they were called "Reindeer Footprints". They are very good and very easy to do with small children.