Amazingly Simple Turtle Candies

Ingredients

• Bag of Rollo candy
  • Bag of small pretzel twists
  • Pecan halves

Directions

Place pretzels on a microwave safe plate. Place a Rollo on each pretzel. Put into microwave for a few seconds, then check to see if the Rollos have softened. If not, put them back into the microwave for a few more seconds. You'll have to play with the time since all microwaves are different. (You may be forced to eat your mistakes.)

When they are a bit soft, push a pecan half down on the Rollo. Allow to cool and for the Rollo to get firm again.

These make a thoughtful gift when placed in a pretty tin. They'll think you are the Candy Queen. You can reveal the secret or just smile and say it's a closely guarded secret.

Source: A former colleague who taught Home Economics at the same school where I taught.

Oh this sounds good. Glad I am walking lots and we have had no snow or ice to stop me!

Sandy, I made them for the first time a couple of years ago and thought they were so good and so simple. I forgot about them for this year at Christmas. Will try to remember for next year.

Thank you for this post. I just may make a few. I'll wrap them pretty for Valentines!

These are even better if you coat them in chocolate. I buy Merckens chocolate wafers, melt them and coat them. They are yummy.

I have heard of these only they were called "Reindeer Footprints". They are very good and very easy to do with small children.

Pretzel Turtle Recipes
Pretzel Turtle Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CandiesJanuary 5, 2009
Phyllo and Pomegranate Desserts
Recipes Using Phyllo
Making a Turtle Costume for a Baby
Making a Turtle Costume for a Baby
making bread
Turtle Bread Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 21, 2016 at 9:33:52 PM on 10.0.0.156 in 980 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.