Pretzel Turtle Recipes

Pretzel turtles are an easy to make variation on the popular pecan turtle candies. This page contains pretzel turtle recipes.

Several years ago, our daughter made these for me, gluten free, and brought them when she came for Christmas. They were delicious and I have been wanting to try to make them ever since but never seemed to get around to doing it until today. I try not to eat a lot of sweets but when it's Christmas, I go wild. Oh, gosh! These are so good and so quick and easy to make.

I needed a little gift so this is what I made to give to a friend, like myself, who has a gluten allergy. Christmas will be here in just a few more days and this is something you can easily prepare for that little gift you would like to give to someone.

I want to share this recipe, especially for those that have a gluten allergy, however, it can be made with regular pretzels which are probably much better than gluten free although the gluten free pretzels are good.

Source: I searched the internet for a recipe. There are several out there and all are about the same. I changed it just a little.

• gluten free pretzel twists
  • Rolo chewy caramels in milk chocolate
  • pecan halves

1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
  2. Advertisement

3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange pretzels on the sheet.
  4. Unwrap the same amount of Rolos; one for each pretzel. Place a Rolo in the center of each pretzel.
  5. Place in oven, without tilting the pan because they will slide. Bake for 5 minutes.
  6. Press a pecan on top of each Rolo pretzel.
  7. Place in a cool area and allow to cool thoroughly. I put it on my washing machine which is in a room that has very little heat. It is 50 degrees in there. They were firm within 30 minutes.
  8. Advertisement

9. Place in a cool area and allow to cool thoroughly. I put it on my washing machine which is in a room that has very little heat. It is 50 degrees in there. They were firm within 30 minutes.
  10. They are ready to serve or you can store them in an airtight container.
    Enjoy!

If you love turtles and want a simple recipe that is delicious, you have found it!

turtles on plate

These make a thoughtful gift when placed in a pretty tin. They'll think you are the Candy Queen. You can reveal the secret or just smile and say it's a closely guarded secret.

Recipe for Poor Man's Turtle. Place miniature pretzels on a cookie sheet. Place a Rolo candy (individual piece) on the center of each pretzel.

Place the cookie sheet of prepared pretzels in a 200 degree F oven for almost 2 minutes until the candy starts to "cave in" while melting.

Videos

This video shows you how to make this simple and delicious treat. All you need is pretzels, pecans and Rolos. View the full recipe here: Easy Pretzel Turtles

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

😷
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Pretzel-Turtle-Recipes.html